New SP level...

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Hammer
Hatchling

New SP level...

Post by Hammer »

Arohk's twin.. you there ?? I want to let you preview the level design so far, so you can get an idea of how massive it is.. Plus I want someone else to run it on their system. My system is really high end, and I dont want it to be so big that nobody else can play it. So I need someone to test it so far, and give me some feedback. I have a fair amoutn of work yet to do, to finish it, but I would say the layering is about 80% done, the detailign is about 60% done, and the gameplay about 40% done. It is the layering and the detailign that takes most of the time. I can whip the gameplay together pretty quick. Anyways, let me know if your interested in giving it a look trhough. It isn't goign to include the textures and stuff for new dragons/characters, because while they are mostly done, I havn't punched them into the DB yet. So the downl;oad will be fairly small (it is goign to grow quite big once i add those in).

Let me know where to send it if your interested.

Hammer

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I would be interested in a look see. I have a high end machine, but also have a Athlon 1.3 ghz and a old intel 400. Also I would offer to have the zip file on the ftp, for anyone to download once it is finished. Contact Lady Slag at Planet Drakan, to get it put up at fileplanet aswell.

If small enough send it to me for testing at axeman3813@hotmail.com

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yeah, I would take a look at it for you. I can try it out this weekend if you want to email it to me at atw*arokhslair.net (replace the * with @)

AT

Hammer
Hatchling

Post by Hammer »

It isn't going to be playable because I have disabled the start triggers for construction purposes, I am just wanting some feedback on size of terrain and framerates at this point. I will need another week or so before I can send it over, because my dad is in the hospital and just had a triple bypass, and it seems I am going to have to go out of town to help my mom for a few days [:(]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

No problem! Hope yer Dad gets better soon. When yer ready we will still be here.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

np, hope your dad is OK; I know how you feel as my dad had a scare a couple of months ago and they have put him on tablets for blood pressure and colestrol, he's OK now.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hammer... may I ask... is this mod a retooled "Aergoth"? I ask because that was one of my favorite PCLs ever, but it wasn't finished.
Perhaps that was another 'Hammer'...

Hammer
Hatchling

Post by Hammer »

Yes, Aergoth was my PCL from a long while back, but it was never finished. I have been workign on it off and on , and alot of "on" lately, for the past year. It is ALOT bigger now, and it is being reworked extensively. I even plan to add new dragon textures, and rynn textures for the finished version (many of the textures are already done). SO expect to see new dragons, and the original aergoth map is already about 300% bigger. I have four other levels that I hope to incorproate into it as well, although they will not be as big as the aergoth map I have now, they will still be alot of fun. They are in various stages of develpoment, but all those are at least 25% done already. They are part of the story line, but I don't want to divluge to much so its all a new surprise and experience. Hence why I only wanted to offer first looks to aroks twin ;) But i assure you it wil be worth the many years wait. It will practically be a new drakan game , at least in terms of hours of gameplay hehe :)

My father has had to have three major surgerys int he past week, and is still in CCU, so I havnt spent alot of time on it this past week.. I am also buying my wife a shop, and that is goign to consume some of my time as well, but I enjoy workign on the levels, and so it is where I will be spending my free time that I do have. I expect it may take me two or three months to bring it to a close. Mostly because i am a perfectionist, and want to do it the best that I can. I am glad you liked my unfinished version, and if you liked that, then you are going to LOVE this version when it comes out. Basically you only got ground play in that level, but this is goign to have a mixutre of both, and back and forth in just one level. There are numerous side adventures, and I have tried to take away the linerar gameplay as much as I can. So you have alot more exploring and roaming to do :)

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

EXCELLENT!
No pressure, but I hope the Stomps are as good as last time. It's okay if there's no new... I'd bet they take a lot of time.
Let me know if you ever need voice work.

Best of luck to your Dad for his health, your wife for her shop, and you for finishing the mod just like you want it.

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

Sweet. I don't quite remember the last time I played a PCL, but it's been forever since one's been done. I'm stoked.

Hammer
Hatchling

Post by Hammer »

Well, I did a little work on an old 500Mhz system I had int he basement and got it working, so I have a low end machine to test run on. Everything seems okay at this point, so I am happy about that ! Back to work ! My father finally pulled through, but it has been a scarey few weeks! In any event, work load has been heavy between home and work, so while I am still moving forward with things a little each day, ti has slowed down a bit. So the bottom line is....you all are just going to have to wait to play test the first release version in...well.. I hope before the summer is out. It is at 347 layers now, with 3000 objects so far (alot more to come). :)
I am off to work on it again tonight. I have a few hours to spend, so I want to egt busy !! Have a great day !