The End of the World: major bug

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Fafhred
Hatchling

The End of the World: major bug

Post by Fafhred »

At the start of the map 'The Corrupted Land', you bound with the dragon Derokh.
In that map, you enter a large cave (logically with Derokh).

Fairly soon in the cave, you find a big door, and the only possible path left is a side tunnel which Derokh cannot enter.
Once you have gone far enough in this tunnel, Derokh will just vanish (that may be the bug).
At the end of that tunnel, a lever will open the wooden door.
Going through the whole maze on foot, and opening several doors along the way, you eventually see the exit of the cave, blocked by a boss and an invisible wall.

After dispatching the boss (Wartock Mage), the invisible wall blocking the exit is still there, and Derokh is still M.I.A.
One of those 2 points is obviously a bug: either killing the boss should have cleared the invisible wall (and Derokh would be found waiting outside if his going M.I.A. was planned), or Derokh need to be there for the invisible wall to vanish. There is no visible lock or key, and the boss did not drop anything.

There ends this mod, for me (the earliest save where Derokh was not missing is the autosave at at the start of the map; as for my manual saves, I had noticed too late that he had vanished).

Side note:
The Wartock Mage appears to have insane HP and combat speed:
- Impossible to hit him with a non-range weapon without getting hit (I have been able to handle every other land mob without need to use range weapon, and I can hit a normal wartok without being hit at all).
- I eventually summoned an Energy Bow, which was almost entirely used to kill him, every arrow landing.

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

Yes the dragon will fly through the walls if you do not park him where he cannot fly, small space under ledges or side walls and I think you need to ride Derokh out of the cave. I used Derokh to weaken the "Boss Wartok" at range then finished him off.
Try Arenza, it is one of the best or Dragonmech they are relatively bug free.

Fafhred
Hatchling

Post by Fafhred »

He was parked where he could not fly, not the first time I play Drakan ;-)