Drakan in Unity. Continue story. [WIP?]

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Venetik
Whelp

Drakan in Unity. Continue story. [WIP?]

Post by Venetik »

Hello, as paperjack says that he want to help, i don't know is he alive ;p, so I must say something to you.

In this month (April) I started to write a storyline, sketch concepts and write all game info about my game (worktitle - "the Dark Thunder" a.k.a. Drakan III). About some info you can ask me, sure - i will answer about anything.

Btw, you know, as the one person who REALLY WANT to make and finish the game - if you want to participate, join me. Anybody is welcome. If not - it's ok. I can learn myself about everything which is needed to make title.

That idea and concepts about this game was come somewhere I asked to create TAG levels in OOTF. Then, year ago, i was bored and started searching good and simple game engine. Found UDK and Unity. So, now i'm using Unity. But now i making test level to check my abilities, and writing game info. Maby i will send it to game company and the game will real? But one is sure - I will try to make it. Even if I will only one who create the game, and develop will be a veeeery long.

Anyway. As I say - who want join? Anybody?

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Assassin Ravenlord started to make a free drakan game using the Unity engine several years back but nothing ever came of it. I think he was concerned about copyright infingements and also it took a very long time to create a game from scratch. I think he had a couple of people helping - you would probably need a whole load of team members helping unless you have a lot of time to invest. Especially if you want the end result to be on par with the original game.

Nice idea though. I don`t know anything about programming and my art sucks so I won`t be much help in that department.

I think if you were to release a drakan 3 you would have to make it so that you would need the original PC game to play it to avoid the big men in suits from Sony's legal team. Even if it's free.

Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

The idea of the game is not to create the sequel but a bit diffrent game. The sense i called "Drakan 3" is fact that the game will be similar to our beloved Drakan - the rights to Drakan has Sony and I know that buy rights will be hard or impossible. Especially for me. But if I must to buy it to make a sequel, i will.

I think it's good point - If I want to make a real massive sequel to Drakan, i must have experience in creating games.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Venetik</i>

The idea of the game is not to create the sequel but a bit diffrent game. The sense i called "Drakan 3" is fact that the game will be similar to our beloved Drakan - the rights to Drakan has Sony and I know that buy rights will be hard or impossible. Especially for me. But if I must to buy it to make a sequel, i will.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ah right, yes you would be OK with that.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Yet another custom Drakan game based on Unity? :)

It would be much nicer, if you publish some concept work, model sheet, or at very last anything that could prove you have at least some skills that will be necessary in developing such a game.

Don't get me wrong, I work in game develeoping industry professionally and I have heard of such projects at least three or four times a week. Only handful even reach maturity. And these handful are lead by very talented and motivated people, who can do both 3D art and programming stuff at once while their project emerge from it's infancy :-)

Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

I'm nearly finish my first character, and i'm enjoying UnityAPI. So far I'm "playing" with 3DsMAX to create characters, sketching, and completing my GDD.

Give me some time. If I will be ready to start over with everything clear, I will post my project in Unity forums. I'm sure they will help me. There are so many talented people - 3D artists, programmers, game developers ;)