Question on stats of some items

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Caermundh
Hatchling

Question on stats of some items

Post by Caermundh »

Hi!

I am developing a Drakan style game - kind of a tribute to Drakan - with the 3D Gamestudios engine and was wondering if anyone could tell me the stats (damage, durability, special powers, etc) for the following items:

Mithril Scimitar
Thunder Hammer
Life Giver
Soul Taker
Dreadnaught
Crypt of Defense
Flame Axe
Axe of Frost
Ground Pounder

Also i know the following items were never implemented in game but still exist in the database:

Cutlass
Katana
Throwing Dagger
Throwing Hammer
Throwing Axe
Mithril Throwing Axe(Magic Throwing Axe?)
Ice Throwing Axe
Boomerang
Fire Boomerang
Magic Boomerang
Flame Bow
Does anyone know what the stats for these items might have been?

Lastly, can anyone tell me what icon the following items used in the game:

The Cleaver
Vykruta's Axe
Axe of the Order

(I think they all used the icon for mithril/magic battleaxe? but im not sure...)

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

took a look thru some databases tonight and made a list of some items you were interested in. (me too!) i couldn't find all the items (new at this) but i'll keep looking. hopefully it will keep you busy for for a while. i'll edit the post when i find more of them.

the numbers in the description gives the speed of the weapon. for comparison the speed scimitar is rated as 1.3 and the battle hammer is 0.8

Damn, been trying to put this out as an ordered column/row format but can't. its set up as :

durability damage description icon info special

Mithril Scimitar
Thunder Hammer 25/75 30 long 1.0 12-1-3 lightning effect 75 damage
Life Giver 30/90 25 AP long 1.1 12-2-3 +40% health magic burn damage 1/sec
Soul Taker 30/90 40 AP long 1.1 12-3-3 -25% health
Dreadnaught 15/45 80 AP long 0.8 12-4-3
Crypt of Defense 20/60 35 med 1.0 2-3-2 +2% health ice shield - damage 20/sec
Flame Axe 20/60 25 long 1.0 13-2-3
Axe of Frost 20/60 20 long 1.0 13-1-3 ice wall - 75 damage
Ground Pounder

There's also a Dreadnaught Minor which is the same except for a durability of 6/10

Cutlass 15/75 17 long 1.0 11-4-2
Katana 15/75 15 long 1.2 11-2-2 none
Throwing Dagger
Magic Throwing Hammer 10/10 15 short 4-13-1 respawn in 2.5 sec none
Throwing Axe
Mithril Throwing Axe 10/10 15 short 4-15-1 respawns in 1.5 sec none
Ice Throwing Axe
Boomerang 10/10 15 short 1-14-1 respawns in 1.5 sec none
Fire Boomerang 30/30 20 short 2-16-1 respawns in 2.0 sec fire 5/sec
Magic Boomerang
Flame Bow

if i didn't get this right perhaps someone else can correct me if i'm wrong

Caermundh
Hatchling

Post by Caermundh »

Thank you Shoprat - this is amazingly helpful.

It looks like i was mistaken about how Drakan handles weapon speed - I had thought that there were just three speeds - slow, medium, and fast, but with those numbers for speed it looks like maybe some slow weapons are slower than others? maybe some fast weapons are faster too? (If the number range is 0.8 to 1.3, then it logically follows that 0.8/0.9 would be slow, 1.0/1.1 medium, and 1.2/1.3 fast - does that sound about right?)

Also - the crypt of defense - do you know if its a sword? longsword? battle axe? war-hammer? I cant find any information on it at all other than its name.

Can you tell me which databases you were looking in in the level editor? I have messed around with the editor some but really havent been able to do much with it at all.

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

I've seen weapon speed described as very slow, slow, medium, fast, and very fast. Also in someones database I saw a speed of .79. It looks as though you can give them 'in between' speeds. I don't know if the animations would work right if you 'abused' the value. Look in some of the custom levels and open up their databases.

The Crypt of Defense is a large hammer type weapon with a green spiked skull. You can find it in the Multiplayer / Common database under Rynn Weapons which is where I found most of the weapons.

If you double click on one of the 'diamonds' under the Classes tab, a list of properties will pop up giving you all sorts of info about the weapon. If you switch to the Models tab and select an object and double click on the green box, a window will open with a 3D view of the object. Holding down the left mouse button and dragging will let you manipulate the view, while the right button increases/decreases the size. Be careful because it's easy to scale it too big or small and you won't be able to see anything.

I can't find some of the models but if you create a small level with the Multiplayer Common linked in your level database you'll be able to use the 'create' tool to drop the weapons onto your level. Then when you run it you'll be able to pick up the weapons and use freelook in the game to get a look at them. Have Rynn give em a swing for me.

My grandson and I dropped all the Multiplayer weapons onto the 'basic' level that comes with the tutorial download and then added about a dozen Wortocks. He had a fragging good time and I had a good look at the models.

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

Found an archived link with the wayback machine that gives the stats of all the weapons (single and MP) along with it's icon.

If you can't find the weapon you're looking for, it must be a player created one. I found out about a few of them for the first time myself.

http://web.archive.org/web/200108030748 ... ons2.shtml

Edit:

Hmmmm.... just tried to use the link but it wants to separate into 2 links.

Gonna have to cut and paste the entire link text into the address bar of your browser to use it. Sorry bout that!