Found Some Old Surreal Posts

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
shoprat
Dragon

Found Some Old Surreal Posts

Post by shoprat »

Old Surreal Posts ?

I found a set of old posts that may be from Surreal from years ago. I printed them out and 'filed' them away about 6 years ago. While rummaging about I came across them again. I hope someone will be able to identify the posters involved - only the post text was saved.

None of the content is mine and the only changes made was to correct simple splling errots. They're in their original format as text files. After being posted, they will be zipped and made available for download from the peeje server.

The posts cover a varity of topics and when possible the header text from the original will be used as the new topic on this site. They consist of :

Shortcut Keys for the Editor
Model Copying
Skinning Basics
Q&A about the modeler
Q&A about landscaping

I've not seen these on the site and they're not in the tutorial.zip. These should be useful for people new to the editor. If any information is incorrect, please update and correct the errors.

To Arohk's Twin: If you want to add any or all of these to the tutorial.zip please do so.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi yes, if you want to email them to me I will create a zip file and put them on the site. I have no idea who originally posted them but Ill make a note of where they came from so people will know.

If you send them to atw@nospam.arokhslair.net or webmaster@nospam.arokhslair.net I will get them. Remove the nospam. part.

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

As soon as I'm done typing them in you can have them. All I have are the paper printouts and I'm a two finger typist, but I'll try to have them for you tonight. I'm glad you want to keep them, because this forum is where they belong.

I would like to rearrange the editor shortcut keys post before archiving tho'. Its a bit scrambled and it needs tiding up a bit.

It's too bad I named my 'dink around' layer Ziggy years ago. It was easy to find the layer on the bottom of the Drakan menu, but because it was with the Z's in my 'filing system' it was the last thing found.

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

Thanks to Axe's link for the Wayback Machine, I was able to find a 'few' old posts that I thought might interest some of the members. I think that these are the last posts that there are to find. I also found some mods that I passed on to Arokhs Twin that should be available on the site soon.

Now my book learnin' part of the editor is finished I'm ready to try some real editing. Got an idea for a tongue in cheek style of game. Don't know how long it may take but I'm gonna start work on it soon as I can get the @#@$$# 3D window to work right. May end up going back to Win98. Maybe before Xmas I'll have some more info. Watch for : Kor-Ra Lofft, Doom Trader ... Chapter 1 Babe in Arms.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Thanks for your hard work! The forum will make a handy archive of this info which can be searched.