Resizing Rynn

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
shoprat
Dragon

Resizing Rynn

Post by shoprat »

Resizing Rynn

lionlord
For my shape-shifting new player types, I tried to give Rynn an new size.

In detail : I tried to use a scale factor 2 for X,Y,Z to make the DemonRynn twice as big as the original Rynn. When I did that, I got a strange effect. Rynn got twice as big, but she started jumping continuesly. Besides her legs were folded to the side and her feet got under the floor.
Is there a way to avoid that ? ( I think, I saw a level, where some wartoks were scaled bigger than normal, but I don't remember which level it was. )

Lord Stone
This must be done with the modeler. The way you want to do it, will not work, I know what happens, I have tried it too.....
You must use the modeler to make the model twice as big. I do not know exactly how to do that. You must hwever use this model as an armor, because it won't have the animations needed to make Rynn move... Also make sure that the new model exists of the same vertices as the original one (only on other places) , because otherwise the animations won't work...

Sageous
Use the modeler to move verts around...dont scale.
Dont move the feet and dont move the waist much. Do most of your movement above that if possible.
Expect problems...this isnt something you should be doing...but you can...so expect problems.