Textures for the flame sword

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
shoprat
Dragon

Textures for the flame sword

Post by shoprat »

Textures for the flame sword...

ShadowBird
O.K. I exported the flamesword-model but the textures cant be exported...how can i load the sword in the editor? (it dont work)and how can i put a new texture on the sword???
Please help me!!!

Andrey
one possible workaround : copy databases with the sword and remove All models and textures that you do not use to decrease it's size... the use Replace command to load your texture to this database...
i do not think flame sword have textures with alpha ... or you can make your own alpha map if it is not too difficult to you and export texture using screen capture of database (do not forgot to set textures to its proper size at Options menu)

ShadowBird
sorry but this is no possibility...i had changed the model to a chinese-like shortsword...but i want to put the model in one of my databases(for test)...when i go on model-->add-->(model of the weapon)it dont work... dont know...perhaps it is because the textures...if you know another possibility please say it to me...

Andrey
hmmm... wrote carefully _what_ do not work then you perform Add command ... (error message or something else ...) ???

ShadowBird
When i want to load my CHANGED model in the level-editor,there is an error message: An error was discovered while parsing this REOfile,please check file validity...
my english is not so good that i can understand everything...lionlord könntest du mir das übersetzen bitte????
I think it is an error because the textures but i only think...

Andrey
check if you save this file as .reo when you save this at modeler (not .rec)... (i hope you use Surreal modeler)... your textures have to be of proper size (from 32x32 to 256x256)... at last : .reo is simple ASCII format - check the difference between 2 files : exported from the editor and the same after saving at modeler ... take for example very simple model like Trigger detector ... find the place when you .reo became "unloadable" to the Editor back... .reo files can be simply view using Notepad or Wordpad from retail Windows pack... (set All files when you want to open .reo)

ShadowBird
it is a reo. file...but i found another way and that works too...
Thanks at all...