Using text messages

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
shoprat
Dragon

Using text messages

Post by shoprat »

Text messages

Unknown
is there any way to display text messages during the game...well, i could make samples (and it works during my STOMP sequence), but my voice doesn`t sound so good ;-)...and the file size will be too large...another reason...these messages should be in german and i think its easier to translate them later into english than re-recording new samples...

Sageous
If its single player then its as simple as a detector. They have a task parameter...set it to msg and enter a msg in the string parameter. You can walk into it or perhaps trigger it with stomp although i dont know the msg to send to it. Theres probably a bunch of other ways to do this...you can of course just make a flat polygon with the msg you want and have the camera look at it with stomp
and coincidentally (sp) that last method was used in the just released "Village of Death"
Sageous

Text formatting

Unknown
hope anyone can help me...is there any way to split the text message string into some lines?...i can just write some words and then the text will not appear during the game if i write more than, hmmm, maybe 20 - 30 letters.

Sageous
if you are talking about the msg function of detectors...then the character sequence \n will do it. example "Line one\nLine two" will produce Line one Line two

Unknown
oh yes...i`ve forget it...thanks...