Drakangard

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Olag
Whelp

Drakangard

Post by Olag »

Seems interesting even though they did steal the name it seems.Durrr
I like the graphics but alls i saw was the commercial
What do you all think about it
Who is going to buy it[?]<b></b><font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font size="2"></font id="size2">

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

I'm not sure if I am going to buy it, but I will rent it for sure.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I will eventually buy it. I've played the demo and was dissatisfied with various aspects of the controls (dragon flight) and the tame, if abundant ground battles... HOWEVER... the elements of a good time are there, and I already love MANY Square/Enix games, so I'll likely purchase it anyway, bite the bullet and learn to be satisfied with the controls, just to see if the potential I'd HOPED it had is actually there to be mined.

Olag
Whelp

Post by Olag »

Where i live it is going to be difficult to get my hands on that game but i want to buy it(Hell i cant even get Drakan 1 so ill just keep looking unless any of u have one you could part with for a decent price)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I think seem as Drakengard is made by Square/Enix, that automatically qualifies it for a massive hit. Its not out here yet but as far as I know it has been released in the USA and Canada. Its sold as Drag-on-dragoon in Japan and its been out there for over a year I believe.

Olag
Whelp

Post by Olag »

I bought it and it is not a patch on Ancient Gates Gameplay
I dont like the dragon flight and when your on the ground all the bad guys are in exact movement with one another in exact formation ect
Its just different than drakan so otherwise its okay but not on my top 5 list

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

I think it just came out a litle while ago over here in the USA but I will Play the demo and possibly buy it. But does anyone know the story line or what it is about?

Olag
Whelp

Post by Olag »

the story is you keep trying to save your sister who is the goddess and keeper of the last seal. Several things aside are you make a pact with a dragon to save both your lives. theres some secret cult thats called the watchers and you go to find them when they take a village of elves.
Thats as far as i am i havent been playing it that much

Dragonseeker
Whelp

Post by Dragonseeker »

So... is Drakanguard a game?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Yeah. You can find it at literally ANY store that sells games, at least... for now. It's kind of a new release, so it's still all over the place. It's a bit like Dynasty warriors, but with Dragon flight & fight (as well as large ground battles). It sounds pretty good, but seems to lack that little 'something' that would set it apart...
Still, I'd bet it's worth a rent, and I'm sure that if you were interested, there are forums devoted to the game that could inform you of the finer points by people who already enjoy the game.

Dragonseeker
Whelp

Post by Dragonseeker »

cool. Thanks.

savagehorizon
Hatchling

Post by savagehorizon »

I saw the previews and thought it would be Drakan reincarnated. I bought it.....and I don't like it. The ending blows! :X