How do you extract skins (or models)?

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
buckmana
Dragon

How do you extract skins (or models)?

Post by buckmana »

I'm experimenting with rebuilding and replacing models in the level editor.

I've (at least I think I have) seen how you import the models.

But how do you export them?

I have the modeling tool, but can't find any models/skins/objects (whatever they're called) to edit.

Since I'm new to this, step-by-step instructions would be helpful.

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

you can easy export REO models (static objects models) from Editor - select the model you need in database and find Export command in main menu of database window...

for RECs (animatable character models) it is really hard to even export enough data to make a mod in the future... for a low level of understanding of IBM PC AT x86 structure and win32 debugging it simply impossible... i do not know if it possible to export skeleton matrices for char from databases in the 'original' state because they are stored in some transformed form... the currently working way of modding Arokh / pseudo-REC is simply restore its original matrices data in the database after importing it using a patcher...

you can only works with Rynn's RECs, a pseudo-REC for Arokh Dragon and it is simplest way to make your char REC and REA in Softimage|3D and export them using Surreal's plugins ...

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I've figured out how to export the model.

But I can't.

See this image for my current problem:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w224 ... /LE002.png

For some reason, the export option is grayed out (not available) for some objects (character models are most obvious).

How do I enable this option for model exporting?

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

as i typed above it is grayed for character models (RECs)... you can only export static models (REOs), for example a model of a sword or a tree...

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

>How do I enable this option for model exporting?

you can try look in MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com) about working with menus... i.e. how to disable and enable its items in program runtime...