Drakan Schedule

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Master-Moe
Dragon

Drakan Schedule & Calendar

Post by Master-Moe »

The original calendar can now be found at the Event Calendar link to the left.
http://www.arokhslair.net/calendar
Thanks to AT for the good work.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Good idea! will check my calander and make a post. Also should make a thread and link back to here from other forums, concerning playing times.

I'm sure AT would help on this type of thread, calander setup!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes good idea. Ill look into a calendar mod for the forum if its relativley easy to do.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Sounds good and takes probably less time than making a calendar with HTML..

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I'm having difficulty getting the mod to work but however an alternative is to just modify this (or another topic) and making it sticky. Ill look into a calendar that runs outside of the forum but the only issue with that is anyone can update it and its a potential haven for spammers.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

I'm having difficulty getting the mod to work but however an alternative is to just modify this (or another topic) and making it sticky. Ill look into a calendar that runs outside of the forum but the only issue with that is anyone can update it and its a potential haven for spammers.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's why we need a "Calendar Moderator". So that only he and the admins can change the calendar and if that's too difficult to make, then a Calendar password would do.
Making it a sticky is also a good idea so that the players can post messages anytime, and then the calendar moderator puts the names into the calendar.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I don't see why you need to have a calendar moderator as this would mean putting it into a seperate forum category etc. You should already have user permissions to edit / change the calendar above as you created this topic, if not, let me know as something isn't working right.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Oh true, but doesn't the mod ables everyone to post in the calendar?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Anyone can reply to the topic but only you, admin and moderators can edit the calendar (the first post)
I thought that is what you wanted?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Master-Moe</i>
That's why we need a "Calendar Moderator". So that only he and the admins can change the calendar and if that's too difficult to make, then a Calendar password would do.
Making it a sticky is also a good idea so that the players can post messages anytime, and then the calendar moderator puts the names into the calendar.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

That's fine too. But you mentioned spammers.. I guess I misunderstood, I thought that the calendar mod would be enabled for anyone to post in... My apologize

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Well ya can edit me in for a 8 am show for the May 5 th and 6 th. I should be up by then! Think I gota install Gayspy again too!

Ah! thats EST

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

played some this morning. Gamespy arcade did not recocnize Drakan, so used 3D, which worked fine. Got all the IP's and joined each server respectfully, seeing if I could connect, No problems there. No one showed, and I stuck around for an hour.

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

aww dammit I just missed it... I'll be there next time! I swear!

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

Okay I've found a site for a possible calendar mod: http://www.vclcomponents.com/ASP/Calend ... -info.html

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

All done! It's not the one you supplied in the link above but I think it will do the job. You can find it on the main page at www.arokhslair.net