I wanna play Drakan another time

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Eilaya
Hatchling

I wanna play Drakan another time

Post by Eilaya »

Hi!!

It's the first time I enter this forum, so let me do some kind of presentation. I'm a spanish girl (so, yes, that's why my english is sooooo bad, sorry) who used to enjoy playing Drakan with my bro. Later we purchased Drakan TAG (too bad it didn't have PC version) and we beat it several times but, somehow, we liked more Order of the flame so we keep playing it too. Until, one day, the computer cd player got mad and it burned (literally) the Drakan CD so it went useless [:(][:(]
Then I downloaded the game from de Edonkey...but I couldn't play MP mode anymore U_U (only LAN one).

Today I woke up nostalgic about the game and I've been searching Drakan webs...and, well, here I am.

So, does anybody know how can I reconnect to play MP again??

Well, anyway, I'm glad to see there're still Drakan fans over the net [8D]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi and welcome to the forums! It's possible that the version you downloaded is incomplete as it's a pirate copy but however there are a few other things it could be.

First of all, you need to patch the game to version 445 and then follow these instructions http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.html#online especially the part about editing your configuration file as this can cause problems if not edited correctly.

After you have done that, download and install Gamespy Arcade. The in game server browser no longer works unless server IP addresses are manually entered so its best to use Gamespy to browse servers. This would explain why only LAN games are available. This is because Gamespy who operate the master server changed the way it worked.

Nalotha
Hatchling

Post by Nalotha »

GameSpy? Cool I Wondered That Too.
Im New Too!
Hello Everyone.
:D

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Welcome Eilaya!

Welcome Nalotha!

It's very nice to meet more Drakan fans 8^D

Nalotha
Hatchling

Post by Nalotha »

Nice To Meet You Too.I Hope We All Get Along. :D

Eilaya
Hatchling

Post by Eilaya »

Thanks for the help Arokhs Twin, with this and some info Axe send me I'll try to run Drakan again and I'll tell you what happens.

And nice to meet you all too ^_^

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

OKay.Nice To See NEw People.Since This Topic Is About A Problem Im Having A Irritating Problem.Everytime i load drakan it shows this error.I even turned developer mode off.I DOnt Remeber Exactly what it said but its everytime i click somethin it shows this.Ive Even Reinstalled It Didnt Do Any Good.Any Ideas Would Be Good.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

what causes it to crash? Is it during loading or when you try and join a server etc?
Try running it in full screen mode - it looks like its running windowed from the screenshot.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

Its Not.Its Like When You First Load Drakan,It Sbows Options,SinglePlayer,Multiplayer,Save Game,Load Game,And Exit.When I CLick Any Of those It Shows This Error.IDk Why.I Wasnt Trying To Load A Level.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Did it suddenly stop working? The only thing I can think of as Drakan does not take much to crash it is try the sound and video options in the engine options.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

SOme Reason It Still Isnt Working,So I Completely Wiped It Out.EVERYTHING!
Now Everything Is Working.I Just Have to Download The Patches And Levels All Over Again.
At LEast Its Working Again.I Wiped it Out b4 I Seen Your Post.I Wish Id Payed Attention More lol.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Glad you got it working

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

I Think My XFire May Have Been Causing it Too But...Thanx For Ur Help.

Eilaya
Hatchling

Post by Eilaya »

Yay!! FINALLY I've Drakan working again and with MP too *¬* (drools)!!

Thanks a lot, really ^________^

So, well, whenever someone wants to play, I`m here!! (but in the meanwhile I'll keep player single mode to regain my abilities :P)

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zienna</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

This error is caused by one of three things:

1. You don't have the level file it's trying to load.
2. You have the level file and it's not identical to the one on the server.
3. You're trying to use the SPB2 server and didn't use the patching tool.

Welcome to the forum Eilaya. [:D]

Let's see if we can get you to help us beat this record of players online: