A Theory about the dragon bonding ritual

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I've just been reviewing the events in Order Of The Flame.

Both Werokh and Shilla make references to dragons turning to stone when their bonded partner is killed.

And the version I read from the manual appears ingame when Rynn finds the book beneath the church.

So, I'm thinking these versions are acknowledged by the game.

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

possible concept for TC for DrakanN (where N = 3+ ) Tropic Islands level :)

http://i051.radikal.ru/0806/b0/957755de09d2.jpg

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by buckmana</i>

To quote the manual from Order Of The Flame:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The tremendous forces Navaros had summoned were unleashed without direction, rippling across the field in jagged, searing bolts, which gouged and tore at the earth. The clash of swords was heard no longer, and blackness hung over the field. Only the low moans of the dying echoed in the gloom. When at last the smoke cleared, the two great armies lay decimated. Where Navaros had stood, a wound-like rip had been torn in the very fabric of space, it's edges glowing and flickering with a dark and fibrous energy. In the smouldering crater below, Heron lay dead, the Runeblade broken in two at his side. In that blackened pit, only the dragon Arokh still clung to life.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

So how could Heron and Arokh have been seperated by the Rift if it didn't exist until after Navaros (and Heron) died? And, from the sounds of it, Arokh was with Heron when he perished.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I don't know if the rip is the same thing as the rift, considering the rift crystal itself existed long before this event.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

In some versions of the backstory (I think in the game cutscenes, I can't remember) it says that Navaros was cast through a temporal rift opened by the runeblade.

As legends change over time, it's assumed the wound like rip is the rift or what was left after it had opened and closed. As for Heron and Arokh being separated, this very question was put to the Surreal Software by someone on the surreal-news forums. Their answer was that Heron was inside the rift / rip and Arokh wasn't or vice versa.
Another one is the runeblade is said that it was broken in two but in fact it the two parts were the blade itself and the crystal.