Drakan messenger

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Eris
Dragon

Drakan messenger

Post by Eris »

I was thinking what else can we do for Drakan community to make it active and I have got an idea. What if we write our own messenger specifically for Drakan. Most MP players use one kind of messenger and don’t use any other. It will make it easier for ppl who want to play to find each other. The program could also have different chat rooms. And the most important thing is I want it to have a list of active servers, so we will not have to download any Gamespy software. So it will be smt like Gamespy Arcade but made specifically for Drakan, with a much more user-friendly interface and with more features.
So here comes the main question. Don’t you think this would be just a waste of time? And if the program was made would you use it?

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I think it was Hamachi, the program. I myself could not get it to run, but a few did. I was running win98, so that limited me. I could investigate it once again though!

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I think I remember someone also setup a Mirc channel for Drakan a long time ago.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Yeah, that would be so cool!

If someone can make it, I'd use it.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Great! If there's at least one person except me who would use it then I'll do it. If everything goes ok I'll get to work in August. And I think there'll be ppl who'll assist me with this. The program will probably be written in Java because for example Timmy is mostly using Linux not Windows and it would be a pity if he wouldn't be able to use it. So if you know Java and want to participate plz tell. Besides, any ideas about what this program could also do or what the design should be are greatly appreciated.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

Would be cool..even cooler if xfire was supported. <_<