Drakan 10 yrs

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Drakon Rider
Dragon

Drakan 10 yrs

Post by Drakon Rider »

it looks like someone has a chance to live till 10 years after Drakan:OOTF release...

do anyone knows/remember exact release date in 1999 ? it is about some august or september ?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It is around September time but I'm unsure of the exact date. I know for sure it was released in some countries before others and seem as Pysgnosis was a British publisher I think it was the UK that got the game first.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I.G.N. sez Aug 20th, 1999.

In just a few months, we can say "Happy Anniversary" to one of the most influential games of the last decade. It was to me, anyway.

jlryker
Hatchling

Post by jlryker »

I can't believe that it's already ten years ago since I first played this game. It's still one of my favorite.
The soundtrack is great. I would love to hear a modern surround mix this great piece of music.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

So... let's celebrate! What do you think about going to play on-line again? :)

I suggest 18th April as date for our dragons to meet once again, as it is Saturday and most of us will be able to spare at least a few moments to play.
So, don't be shame! Write here exactly time you could be on-line at this date! Let's make Drakan multi player back alive!

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

I'm always online on the servers at saturday evenings-nights GMT and nearly always someone's there. It would be 4 weeks already and only yesterday no one came. So, it would be just grate if you came too

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

I will [;)]

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I tried to play the multiplayer, but I kept hitting "the wall" as I've termed it.

Basically, when certain levels are loaded into the multiplayer mode, my game crashes because they're not the same version as the one everyone else has.

As of yet, I haven't figured out how to fix that.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

You have my patch installed and the server does not. Or the server has and you not ;-)

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

Post by The_Dragon_Lord »

yes ten years already and here we are still holding true to the game. some have said there was something about drakan that even the newst of games lacked. that thing was honor the clans were strong and the players did not simply say im the best there is!! no the lords and ladies of that time earned there right of passage. I have found lord shurm also he says he will always head the call to a fight simply say the word. The game is not dead and i agree that for its big 10 which is actuly a long time for a game we should return for a battle of the ages there would be no better way to celebrate.

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

now if only I could get multiplayer to run over my network.. I'd love to join in

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Drakan_Gold_Pack1.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/180492866/D ... _Pack1.zip

Size: 18161 KB Downloads: 678

Just checked the status of the files, and since January 2009, 678 downloads, nice!

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Congratulations, Axe :) Everyone of us put his efforts to keep this alive - Arokh's Twin runs this great site, Axe have his download page and we still have great russian ftp which has more than 10 gb of dragon files!

Long live dragons, the best friends of humanity!

Bregolas
Whelp

Post by Bregolas »

The idea of gathering all of the elder breed is great, I've already tried to talk in some of the battle friends to come:) As Eris is going to hold a tournament in August, I'm sure it's going to be fun.

nubby
Whelp

Post by nubby »

I found the demo in the Maximum PC mag cd for August '99.
TEN YEARS AGO, ACCCKKK! Drakan looks rather primitive now, but
it was rather amazing then, magical maybe.