Drakan Anniversary

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
AXE
Dragon

Drakan Anniversary

Post by AXE »

August 22nd 1999

The Beginning of a New Era in gaming

Greetings:

Ten years have gone bye, that this great game has been played. Many players have enjoyed the
challenge over the years. Many have made friends on-line, playing this game.

Happy Anniversary Drakan

To celebrate this event, This August we shall re-unite.
Once again the Forums shall resound with laughter
The game shall echo with thunder of swords clashing!

Please visit http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/default.asp and www.drakan.co.nr

Eris is planning a competition if interested check the forum!

Hope to see you all out soon! : Axe

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

AT, can I request this message e-mailed to all the members of this forum. I started to do it singly through members, then realized it would take forever.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

The problem is that the members of Drakan and BoD forums are not separated in any way and the profiles are kept at the same place (at least it seems so to me), so someone'll have to go through the forums and choose only the members who ever posted on Drakan topics, or at least who have never posted on the BoD one. I could create a list of nicknames manually and then getting the email addresses will be just a matter of one SQL query on the DB.

I was searching for contacts of Drakan players on the net, and we can use the emails from BB clan site, nearly every player there has a contact left, and also the emails from your site, Axe, the guestbook. We could also use PD info, some ppl left their msn or icq numbers there.

I also suggest if anyone has contacts of his old buddies left, also pass this message on. We could create a database of emails so that the same mail would not be sent to the same recipient for too many times.

Nikanoru
Hatchling

Post by Nikanoru »

Are you planning this for the 22nd of this august as well?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's not possible to bulk email people on this forum unfortunatley. You can use the events calendar on the main site though.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

LoL, I gona try spam-men everyone! hehe

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

superimposedmedia@yahoo.com AT this person has emailed me that they cant remember there user name or passwor assosiated with this email. Can you help, I have writen them back, telling them contact you!

Shadow of Light
Hatchling

Post by Shadow of Light »

Happy Anniversary, Drakan :) It's been a while. I tried loading the game up a couple of months ago and couldn't remember how to do the triple-slash move. XD

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AXE</i>

superimposedmedia@yahoo.com AT this person has emailed me that they cant remember there user name or passwor assosiated with this email. Can you help, I have writen them back, telling them contact you!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It could be on one of 77 pages. I got to page 20 and couldn't find it. Did an SQL query on the forum database and a user with that email address does not appear to exist. Does he get an error saying email address in use when he tries to register?
I'm unable to tell people their passwords anyway as this data is encrypted. I can find usernames though but only if the email is on the system.

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

Post by The_Dragon_Lord »

The drakan commuinty has stood strong for a solid decade that an acomplishment in its own right. This post is directed to Axe, AT, DT, Shrum and the other old lords that played with me and against me trough drakans golden age (1999-2004). Face it my frends we have lost many trough what seems like ages and we should rember those friends who both cant attend and those that are no longer with us. Very few of us remain now but we few still hold the great flame of drakan buring within us. Rather this be the begining of a rebirth or great marker that signfies this as the end of an era is unimportant. What is though that upon that day we all reunited. This is somthing that hasent effectivly been done since the winter of 2004. Rember that we are the elders were the ones who made the commuity what it is, we formed the clans, we fought the wars, we are the ones who can take it eather way because we are the very heart of Drakan itself. You can be shure ill be there becasue this is something i have waited long to see and at last the great gathering is about to begin. "let The Skys darken and the ground shake as the elder breed emerge from their stoney slumber once more"

kingjustinianii
Hatchling

Post by kingjustinianii »

10th anniversary! I'm ready to play again!

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

Oh I hope I can join this one!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kingjustinianii</i>

10th anniversary! I'm ready to play again!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The King!
Old-timers are crawling out of the woodwork!

DarthVadr
Whelp

Post by DarthVadr »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The King!
Old-timers are crawling out of the woodwork!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
As well as (more or less) newcomers :-)

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

SoL, I might have a chance at last!