Texture Editing How To

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 am

hii

I thought I f*cked up something because my english is baaadd [:D]

u write email? that bitch freemail is very ****y, sometimes I dont get emails, I write u fro manother mail, u ca nanswer there [:)]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi charly

OK, I've added you to my mail. [:)]

I´ll send you the mail again. [;)]

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm

dont get any emails yet [:(] u send it to far from me [:D]

u can write me here to if its not to personal [:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

OK xD xD, here the doubt of the mail: [:D]

I have a problem with the skins:

I changed the original name of the files .mmp and .BMP from your pack, by other names.

An example: I changed the original "Gork.bmp" and "Gok.mmp" by "Uruk.bmp" and "Uruk.mmp".

To test it, I added in "Barb_M1\Enemigos.py" the following:

ORCO-FIRST-#--------- CASETA -----------------------

Espada1 = Bladex.CreateEntity (barbEspada1 "," Garrote ", 0,0,0," Weapon ")
Breakings.SetBreakableWS (barbEspada1 ")

Bladex.CreateEntity pers = ( "1ORC", "Ork", -130531.27838, -6967.8173963, -26497.5388876, "Person")
pers.Angle = 1.23404798421
pers.Level = 0
Actions.TakeObject (pers.Name, "barbEspada1")
pers.ActionAreaMin = pow (2,0)
pers.ActionAreaMax = pow (2,1)
EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs (person)
pers.SetMesh("Uruk") ------------------------------- added
pers.SetOnFloor ()

But it does not work. What should I do?

P.S. I've also tried putting "pers.SetMesh" (" Uruk ")" with this form:

Bladex.CreateEntity pers = ( "1ORC", "Ork", -130531.27838, -6967.8173963, -26497.5388876, "Person")
pers.Angle = 1.23404798421
pers.Level = 0
pers.SetMesh("Uruk") ------------------------------- added
Actions.TakeObject (pers.Name, "barbEspada1")
pers.ActionAreaMin = pow (2,0)
pers.ActionAreaMax = pow (2,1)
EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs (person)
pers.SetOnFloor ()

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi IG,
The 'Mesh' name is not the same as the .mmp name. You only need to use 'SetMesh' for the Dark Ork and Gold Ork skins.

To get Uruk.mmp working instead of Gok.mmp, you need to change the MapName.lvl file:

Change
Bitmaps -> ../../3dChars/Gok.mmp

to

Bitmaps -> ../../3dChars/Uruk.mmp

To use a custom icon name (Uruk.bmp), you need to edit this line in Scripts\DefaultScorerData.py:

Bladex.ReadBitMap("../../Data/Icons/Gork.bmp","GorkIcon")

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:03 am

aaaaa, if u change the mmp file name of course they wont work, these skins are for the orginal characters

in the main game the makers made 3 different little orc mesh and bod (orco, gold, dark), u can use them in one map
but for the great orc is only one mesh, I said in the past I cant make another great orc bod and mmp, because I cant use the hex editor good

with these skins u can only change original skins,

if someone has time to make some other .BOD for great orc, in it with new bmp names for the mmp, then its possible to use different great orcs in one map, in the skins I can help, but with the hexeditor its hard, maybe I got the wrong editor

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 am

charly,
I use Hex Editor Neo (free) and it's very easy to use.
http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/hom ... -free.html

Great job on the skinpack, the dark knight looks really good running around my new map [:D]. Have you thought about making it a mod? It would make installing/uninstalling much easier, especially for people who don't like editing files.

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am

thx SR

sorry I am very bad in coding, I am a simple designer [:(], I cant think like a programing guy, I got a friend who is good in it and I never understand when he talk me about program running [:D] those things which are simple or unambiguous for programmer those are difficult and clouded for my mind [:D], I only can follow exact instructions in case of coding, someone think I am lasy, but I can kill hours with making new skins, testing them to look good, but this coding [:)], u can kill me I wouldnt understand [:D]

if u write me VERY exact how to edit BOD files with hexeditor, I try to make different bods , soo we can use 20 different orcs in one map [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 am

mmmmm .... , Now I understand the problem [:p]

I have to use the hexeditor. [;)]

Well, to work! [:D]

P.S. SR, I created a copy of the file "esparoma.BOD", but with Hex-Editor-Neo, I don´t understand how to replace the internal names of the file "Espadaromana" and "ESPARO" by other names, can you explain me? [:(][?]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 am

charly.

This is how I do it (using UltraEdit).

Open a copy of the BOD file and go to Hex Edit Mode.

Select (Highlight) the interanl name of the character. It will be at the top of the file (ihn human readable text) and appear only once. e.g

<b>Great_Ork</b>

Use search/replace to change the name to something else, using the same number of characters. e.g.

GreatOrkA

Then scroll down the file to find the material (texture) names. There will be two - front and back. Select one and use Replace All feature to change the names. Can't remember what they are in the Great Ork file but say they are GORKF and GORKB. Change them to something logical such as GOKAF, GOKAB. The next file could be GreatOrkB, with material names GOKBF and GOKBB. Get the idea? Keep to the same number of characters as with the name at the top. Save the file and rename it
GreatOrk_A, or whatever. You might want to personalise the names in case someone else picks the same combination. CharlyGokA, CharlyGokB, etc.

Test the file by creating it in the map as an Object. Create as usual, but leave the "Person" parameter off the end of the creation code.

Code: Select all

charlygokA1=Bladex.CreateEntity("TestCharlyGok1","CharlyGokA",0,0,0)
If the games loads and you don't get an 'Out of memory 'message, then the file is OK. It will appear on the map at coords 0,0,0. There will be no textures on it at this stage.

To apply textures, simply name your new bmps with the Material names you put in the BOD file. Then compile into and mmp file. Add the filepath to the mmp file in the .lvl file to load them. Check again to see it the texures are working on the model. If all is well, create a normal Great Ork and use:

Code: Select all

charlygokA1=Bladex.CreateEntity("TestCharlyGok1","Great_Ork",0,0,0,"Person","CharlyGokA")
......... rest of usual creation code here.......

The final parameter after "Person will assign the Mesh.

Hope that was reasonably understandable. I'm not a programmer, so if I can figure it out, I'm sure you can. [:D] I have been doing it for a while though...[8)]

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 am

[:D] ok Pro I try

is there free version of UltraEdit? and which version number? I wanna use the same soft like u, maybe soo wont be hard [:)]

dont need to add lines in the Scripts/Enemies.py

so I can use the pers.SetMesh("New_ork") (forexample) in the game
need to make an intername for the new mesh?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm

You can (or used to) be able to get UltraEdit on 30 days trial. There have been a lot of updates, but I never bothered with them.

pers.SetMesh("NameOfYourNewOrk")

is fine.

No need to create a new race as you are just hanging a new mesh on the original Great_Ork.

Aha! You can get UltraEdit on free trial.

http://www.ultraedit.com/downloads/ultr ... nload.html

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi guys!, here me new greek project [8D]

http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-pers ... 55217.html

I need to correct many details.

I hope to create a skin-pack as charly [;)]

P.S. charly, what programs you use for your designs?

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:39 am

great perseus stuff, I hope the new Clash of the Titans will be great

I use photoshop, Its hard to make the skin BOD looklike, I wan to clean the barbar skin from the original tattoo, but its hard to make it
I want that people forget that these are manipulitad skins [:)]

@prospero
ok so I get trial ultraedit, will it work just the updates wont after trial time?
when I used this set.mesh line, the new skined enemies are several times blind, dont react on my atcion, is this the bug of new meshing, in the original game without editing mesh there are good, since I use newmesh get this effect? do u got this experience to?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 am

charly.

Have you got the line:

EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs(pers)

after the creation code?

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”