Storyline?

**Archived** Joaxin's Relic would have been a series of single player maps intended to be mage150's version of Drakan2 - an alternative to the official sequel. Forum closed for now as the project is on hold indefinitely.

Moderator: mage150

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Storyline?

Post by Arokhs Twin »

What is the basic overview of the storyline? Are you planning it to be another so-called Drakan2 for the PC or setting the story in some other time for example after The Ancient's Gates?

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

to many to mention exactly at the momoment, but a definat ending has already been chosen which is the same as before.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

can you tell about the storyline now?

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

What I can give you right now as definate is that I have a nice STOMP Sequence at the beginning that explains what <b>really</b> happens to rynn before D:TAG ;) The whole game will pretty much be before D:TAG I'm guessing. For now I am guessing it will be a small amount of maps (3-5) but they will be twice as large as even wartok canyons :). So far no FPS issues from any of my testers so I keep moving on.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

So its a prequel to Drakan: TAG? I guess there was a 2 or 3 day gap between games so its interesting to have a series that explains what happened during that time.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Not to be rude but I wouldn't suppose 2 or 3 days would be enough if you know what I mean :D

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Well a few weeks then?

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Does Size Matter [:0]

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Just hit 5 MB of content and rising :). Last night the voice actor and I sat down for a few hours perfecting the Intro narration and recording a rough draft, than synching it into the STOMP Sequence. One of my favorite lines that sums up the story is

<b>"It's a long story. A story missing for ages from history. One that did not change our world of Drakan." </b>

I know alot of people are going to be confused from the narration and the movie but I think once everyone sees the ending it will all come together :)

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hey, Mage. I'll bet you're a busy fella, but is there any word on progress?
Curiously, you've shown up twice in my dreams in the past few months. Once as a name on a screen as some girls watched an instructional vid concerning graphics construction, and the other time, in person. Probably only because I had seen your picture.
I'm hoping for all these new levels... yours, Assassin's... Douglas442's...
Good luck finding time and achieving in these levels EXACTLY what you were going for.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

yea trying to get win98 to work with drakan again...