Drakan 2 Unreleased/incomplete soundtrack 2000

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Sserpenthraxus
Hatchling

Drakan 2 Unreleased/incomplete soundtrack 2000

Post by Sserpenthraxus »

In case you haven't heard this already, here are a few unreleased tracks meant for Drakan 2:

https://soundcloud.com/barryleitch/sets ... track-2000

Composed by Barry Leitch (credited as B. L. A. S. T. in Drakan OotF)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan 2 Unreleased/incomplete soundtrack 2000

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I knew Barry made several tracks for Drakan 2 but I only have town and the desert. I don't know why Barry Leitch was dropped from the project but I'd guess it was when Sony took over from Psygnosis and made the original PC Drakan2 into Drakan:TAG instead.

I have a couple more misc tracks some that were for the original OOTF; these were for two levels that were cut from the final game. There was to be a coastal level and another unknown level.

Thanks.

Edit; just found the coast track on Barry's soundcloud page
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

yangez93
Dragon

Re: Drakan 2 Unreleased/incomplete soundtrack 2000

Post by yangez93 »

Titles of songs gives me thoughts about levels of Drakan 2. I listened these tracks maybe 2006, I searched almost the entire internet to find Drakan OST. Then I really wanted to play Drakan: TAG, now I know it is simple by emulator :) These tracks are mainly for level ambience, he didn't immense songs to Drakan 2 tracks such New Order, Wartok Canyons or Rift Crystal i guess he could do.

My favourite track from this album is: TownV0.5.

These tracks together with OST of Drakan uploaded in Souncloud sound like they aren't proper mastered. There are lack of effects such as reverb, compression etc. They are definitely diffrent than tracks in game.

I prefer Drakan:OOTF OST than TAG, unfortunately Barry was dropped from Drakan:TAG. Certainly he could do amazing OST.