New forum style to try out & server upgrade

Discuss things related to this website and ask questions about the forum. New members can introduce themselves here too. Announcements will also be posted here. Note topics are auto pruned if not viewed within 30 days.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: New forum style to try out & server upgrade

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's being able to post 'code' blocks such as C++ or other programming language examples in the correct formatting. The forum software treats it like plain text. I'd forgotten about this but still haven't being able to make it work.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I've made some changes to the colours. Let me know if you spot any more that don't look right.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello Arokhs Twin,

I have a little problem.
When I use my smartphone to navegate in the forum, I write my "name" and my "password", but the web goes to the main page, or my sesion does not start, and I can not write posts... :?:

This post, I am writing from a PC with SO windows. All is well from here. But my smartphone, with android and Chome, not works well.

Thanks to all friends. :)
Loose your ghosts, because they chain suspiciously your freedom.
My Youtube channel, tests with Hyperborean Mod:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MBEASTKING1980
Web site of Hyperborean mod:
https://sites.google.com/view/bodhyperboreanmodbymbk

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi what smartphone OS and what browser do you use? I can only test it on Android with Chrome but it sounds like a cookie issue or your device is not accepting them.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Arokhs Twin wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 pm Hi what smartphone OS and what browser do you use? I can only test it on Android with Chrome but it sounds like a cookie issue or your device is not accepting them.
My smartphone OS, is Android.
My browser, is Chrome.

Ok, I will look if the stupid-phone is not accepting the cookies. :roll: :lol:
All the others things goes well.

Thankyou very much! :)

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello,
My smartphone, with Adroid and Chome, is accepting all the cookies. I have actualized the browser Chrome. But it not works well, I can not join and write posts in the forum from my phone. And I can not see nothing wrong in my phone.

But, I can join in the forum and write posts, using a PC, with Windows OS, and Chome.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hmm, that's strange as I've just tried it now on my phone. I can browse and log in, create and delete posts OK. Maybe it does not work with certain versions of Chrome.

I'm using Android 8.0.0 with 1st of June 2018 security update, chrome 67.0.3386.87 - can you let me know what version you use? Also try clearing your browser cache.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello :)

Yes, it is strange. I can login and write posts only from a public PC. In my smartphone does not works. :?

I have deleted chache, and reinstalled Chrome. But no changes.
I have tried to make a new count, with another email, using my phone... but, it does not work in my phone, for example, I can not see the email for activate the count. Now, when I am looking from this PC I can do all well, and the email of activation was already there. It is very estrange ... :?
When I use my phone, I write my user name and my password, and then the web page goes to the main page of the forum. I can see my username connected, down in the statistics, next to the Google Bot and anonymous visitors. But it's as if my session opened elsewhere, on another phone, because I'm still not open session to write, as if I were an anonymous visitor. It could be a problem with Cookies, or with my IP address. I do not know.

Well...
I think, some years ago, there was a hacker that hacks my phone, but I have erased all the phone and restart the phone by standart from cero. Also, a several months ago, there was a hacker, who wanted to cheat me and sent me a fake email, in which he pretended to be a friend called "Sryml". He supplanted his identity, with a similar but false mail, and he sent me a virus and he deleted several of my videos on youtube. I'm sure that on the same date, someone started attacking the forum with spam. the dates coincide. From that moment, my phone is not good. Everything is very strange, and it is too coincidental, but I say it just in case it could be something more than that. :?:

Anyway, but there's no problem, when I need to write here I'll do it using a PC. Many thanks for everything. :)
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

No problem, we get attacked by hackers and spam all the time. The anti-spam and security measures stop 99% of spam but sometimes real people will get past the Q&A based antispam and then put that into a spambot. When this happens we tend to get a lot of actual posted spam but a change of the questions and answers fixes that.

Also whenever someone registers and / or posts the user's IP address and email address is checked against several known spammer databases. If there's a match the user will get an error message and prevent the post from being submitted.

Mechanist
Dragon

Post by Mechanist »

Arokhs Twin wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:48 pm I've made some changes to the colours. Let me know if you spot any more that don't look right.

The "message colors" text in the PM panel is also pretty bad - very hard to read without selecting (highlighting) it:
PM panel.png
PM panel.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 17689 times

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yeah I tried to fix that when fixing other colour issues with the PM menus but couldn't find the code in the maze of files etc. Will give it another go when I get chance to look at it in more detail.

cieply
Dragon

code box css

Post by cieply »

In this "classic" already (WoWDraenor) theme there is a problem with code box that doesn't preserve new lines, indents and all that stuff. So I poke a bit and with help of Firefox inspector I tried to find what is a difference between styles between this (WoWDraenor) theme and new one (aero), which doesn't have that issue. With inspector and this post I managed to add new rule that can be described by following quote and it seems to work.
<style type="text/css">
code { white-space: pre; }
</style>

So to actually use it go to arokhslair.net/forum/styles/WoWDraenor/theme/ put attached diff there and use this command: `$` is shell prompt

Code: Select all

$ patch content.css wowdraenor-content.css.diff
or edit line 515 within .codebox code {} : ('`' is just a quote, like in markdown) from `white-space: normal;` to `white-space: pre;`

Code: Select all

white-space: pre;
Hope it will solve the problem.
Attachments
wowdraenor-content.css.diff.zip
zipped patch (it must be compressed or whatever obscured as forum does not allow diffs.
(578 Bytes) Downloaded 737 times
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Thanks I've done that if you want to check it and let me know if it's working for you OK now.

cieply
Dragon

Re: re: code box css

Post by cieply »

I checked it and it seems to work. Will keep an eye on it but I think it's fine. Thanks very much. It (I mean code box) finally looks decent :>
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...