Open Source Projects

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Raptor
Whelp

Open Source Projects

Post by Raptor »

Are there any current open source projects? I am a software engineer and an old BoD "modder" wanting to contribute again (but not begin a new project alone).

If not, who would be willing to start something new and host it on, say, GitHub? I would also like to further my version control experience while doing something fun. You can also advocate a different version control platform, like SourceForge; I just want to work as a team.

What do you know?

Raptor
Whelp

Re: Open Source Projects

Post by Raptor »

I'm still curious. :mrgreen:

LeadHead
Dragon

Post by LeadHead »

That's some dedication coming back after 7 years. :D

There is this project, albeit don't know what exactly is the final goal.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mystery-of-b ... nary-patch
(https://github.com/smartblade/BldMystery)

I've been wanting to get into modding BoD myself for a long time, but have very limited experience modding wise in general, a couple scripts here and there, some minor 3D modeling for a couple games, nothing more. When (or rather if) I finally find the time to wrap my head around BoD's internals, I'd gladly join up with someone.

cieply
Dragon

Post by cieply »

There are a few.
Sryml has map fog editor and mmp<->image converter.

There is quicksave mod.

And all mods on moddb are essentially open source - they are written in python and compiled by game engine so you can read it openly.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

Post by cieply »

LeadHead wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 am There is this project, BldMystery, albeit don't know what exactly is the final goal.
BldMystery is dissasembled and reassembled ``Blade.exe'' executable/s (read project description). BldPatch is BldMystery compiled for modern system/s*. It is as Devilution (and DevilutionX) for Diablo**.

* Too modern, at the moment, I would say. It doesn't work on my linux/wine.
** Diablo's Source Code Has Been Reverse Engineered And Put On Github For Free.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...