Altering default player & archer view camera permanently

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

sfb
Dragon

Altering default player & archer view camera permanently

Post by sfb »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to alter the default camera and archer view permanently?

I'm hoping to have the player view forced to the very last selection (full player view)which is usually achieved by pressing the - subtract key (last view) twice.

In addition to that, I've been enjoying the over the shoulder 3rd person archer view lately and would also like to force it.

I'm very close to finishing my mod and not only do these views complement my DOF settings but will also increase accessibility for new players.

So, are there any files in particular I should be looking for? There are a few CAM files in the Lib folder but I couldn't see anything relating to these settings.

Thanks guys,
SFB

cieply
Dragon

Re: Altering default player & archer view camera permanently

Post by cieply »

You can play with camera view in your console or mod.

Code: Select all

cam = Bladex.GetEntity("Camera")
cam.PViewType = 3
Camera PViewType can be 0..3. 0 is far behind the head and 3 is character's eyes of first person perspective.
Last edited by cieply on Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

sfb
Dragon

Post by sfb »

Thanks Cieply, but I was hoping to have a permanent solution so that players don't need to to do anything.

Anyway I've played around with the AbreCam file with little success.

So I think I'll just reconfigure the DOF and suggest players change the camera to a more accessible key ( I have mine set to 1) for easier transitions between 1st person mode archery and 3rd person mode.

Thanks for the console tip.

cheers mate

cieply
Dragon

Re: cam view

Post by cieply »

You can change it in the mod. This may need to change bit more than one or two lines but there are lot of resources you can find in actual game code. For example you can check ``Lib/Actions.py::InitBowing(EntityName)'' and ``::EndBowMode(EntityName)''. You can also find a lot in other files.

Code: Select all

BoD/Lib> $ grep -n "Camera" *.py
BoD/Lib> $ grep -n "cam\." *.py
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

sfb
Dragon

Post by sfb »

Thanks a lot Cieply, you pointed me in the right direction - cam.PViewType= 3 under # BowStuff in Actions was all I needed to change to force it to 3rd person over the shoulder archery. It looks great with DOF and plays better I feel.

Now if only I can force the default fov view to the furthest then I'd be set. Looking in Darfuncs does appear to have similar cam views for player 1 but they don't appear to change any player FOV.

Anyway thanks again for your help, it's appreciated.

cheers mate,
SFB