Destruction test mod (custom Barb)

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Yvan98
Dragon

Post by Yvan98 »

Hey pro!

Take a look at this code:

Code: Select all

def GurakKillScene():
	DalAppearing()
	dgurak.Play(756314,333482,170572, 0)
	dal=Bladex.GetEntity("Dal")	
	dal.LaunchAnmType("Kgt_g_23")	
	dal.AnmEndedFunc=GurakAnim

def GurakAnim(Entity):	
	dal=Bladex.GetEntity("Dal")	
	dal.Angle=6.5
	dal.Freeze()
	dal.LaunchAnmType("appears3")
I can't believe it again, Dal Gurak still attack me!![:D]
When you say that it's hard to remove the idea in his head, i've got the best example...He bypass the 'Freeze function'!!

I found a code that can did the trick:

import Ally_Def
Ally_Def.NPCAlly(pers)
instead of 'EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs(pers)'

But the problem i have is that i use Dal Gurak to kill a 'third party' during the cut scene...and with this code he can't kill him.

I try also to move my player away. It's work but after he kill the third party, Dal Gurak begin to investigate and his angle his completely mess up because he turn around in trying to found something.

The 'AddScheduledFunc' still the best code for now. I have reduce the time between his first anim an his second, so i will watch if it can did the trick.

I take a look in the 'Fortress of Tell Halaf' code and 'Shalatuwar Fortress' to see how it's was write in the Main Game, but the BOD team don't assign a 'class' to an ally an instead the use a special code to make them died.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Yvan.

Scripting these cutscenes takes a lot of work.

Maybe you could try a standin Dal. Create him, apply Deaf=1, Blind=1 and Freeze() him. Put him in some remote place, even underground or in a wall. Don't use the darfuncs.HideBadGuy as when you Unhide him this way he will be unblinded and undeafened. Then you can Freeze the active Dal and move him somewhere out the way and bring in the stand-in with

dummydal.Position = realdal.Position[0],realdal.Position[1],realdal.Position[2]
dummydal.Angle=realdal.Angle
realdal.Postion= 0,20000,0 # or wherever
You should then be able to control the dummydal without him attacking and bring back the realdal for the action.

Yvan98
Dragon

Re: Destruction test mod (custom Barb)

Post by Yvan98 »

Hello guys!

It`s been so much time! Sadly my hard drive blow off back in 2008 and was waiting to buy a new computer but only buy it in 2011. I have lost the link to the forum and turn the page, since many things in my life happen.

Couple of days ago, i found that this great game was remade...so i get back playing it! Searching for mods, i found the forum! Wow it,s cool to see that again.

Unfortunately, i lost my map...i would really love to recover it and have fun again with my own creation. If anybody has my mod, i would really love to get it back!

Cheer guys!

Borer
Whelp

Post by Borer »

Yvan98 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:52 pm Hello guys!

It`s been so much time! Sadly my hard drive blow off back in 2008 and was waiting to buy a new computer but only buy it in 2011. I have lost the link to the forum and turn the page, since many things in my life happen.

Couple of days ago, i found that this great game was remade...so i get back playing it! Searching for mods, i found the forum! Wow it,s cool to see that again.

Unfortunately, i lost my map...i would really love to recover it and have fun again with my own creation. If anybody has my mod, i would really love to get it back!

Cheer guys!
Hey, I have been wondering if it was possible to recover this mod since I read this thread a long time ago, as it sounds really interesting. It seems even the creator himself is now in the waiting room with me :lol:

Tomash
Dragon

Post by Tomash »

Yvan98 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:52 pm If anybody has my mod, i would really love to get it back!
Here you are
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/L3mLvk6uFnVyfA

Yvan98
Dragon

Post by Yvan98 »

Thank you so much Tomash! :D