Drynn character model, armors

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Andri
Hatchling

Drynn character model, armors

Post by Andri »

I modified the DRynn model found here: [ https://www.arokhslair.net/wp/order-of- ... nversions/ ] Mainly, it is to add the armors to the model. Also modifys the model and base textures. A couple changed animations, to fix very small things that bugged me.

UPDATED v2: Fixed vertex "overweighting" that caused strange hops on some points between animations. Fixed Strafe Right animation so that it doesn't end up above the ground after stopping (this is a problem on the original Rynn model too, nothing to do with "Drynn" edit).
This update does *not* break saves created from the previous version, fortunately, since it does not alter database references.
Saves will still be broken if this is installed for the first time.

Currently, the link is here, mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bedi91yu ... 2.zip/file

NOTE: This requires the "AIO" patch (specifically made on 2.17). The textures are 32bit 888, which will crash the original, unpatched game.
NOTE 2: Unfortunately, all "mods" to the database files invalidate save games.. by repacing the files, you will have to start a new game.

To use, just replace the files in ./Common/System/ with the ones in the zip file. Back up the originals first.

Chains.jpg
Chains.jpg (37.61 KiB) Viewed 12409 times
Bandeds.jpg
Bandeds.jpg (35.85 KiB) Viewed 12409 times
Last edited by Andri on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drynn character model, armors

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Nice modification. Ill link to them on the main site on the mods page if you like?
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Andri
Hatchling

Post by Andri »

Sure!

You can also download and host yourself, if you want to do that.

I noticed that the page https://www.arokhslair.net/wp/order-of- ... nversions/ seems to be hard to find from the main page.. I could only get to it from a Google search. Is it not actually linked anywhere on the site?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The page is on the drop down / hover menu for Order of the Flame. The site got flagged as hosting malware; this was a false positive on some old mod files that have now been removed. That did affect Google search results.

Ill add your files to that page later on.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Andri
Hatchling

Post by Andri »

Updated to fix some problems and a strange animation.

Apollo_Felkin
Hatchling

Post by Apollo_Felkin »

Wow, this model is still around! I remember making the textures on the legs and arms, like twenty years ago! The artist formely known as voodoo_29 xD

Andri
Hatchling

Post by Andri »

Apollo_Felkin wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:32 pm Wow, this model is still around! I remember making the textures on the legs and arms, like twenty years ago! The artist formely known as voodoo_29 xD
Ha! I remember downloading this, like, 20 years ago and wanting to play with the mod, but was sad that the armors didn't work with it.
Pulling out old games this year and last, I thought, "This must be fixed !", heh.

Thanks for helping make the mod :3