Drakan 3 ? (and now the story)

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The game engine is a heavilly modified version of the Riot2 engine which was used in Drakan: TAG and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. They originally used the Drakan: OOTF engine (Riot1) but the game has been in development for so long they have had to change it so it does not look outdated.
Its also probable that it will be a standalone game - originally it was planned to be an add on to Order of the Flame.

nin
Whelp

Post by nin »

It's propertly better that it's a standalone game, according to marketshare strategies and so on.
Since you say it's the same as in The lord of the rings: Fellowship of the ring, could you think that the game engine is a more updated version of the one in LOTR: Two towers, or do these two games have nothing to do with each other.
I just know that i like the game engine in Two Towers for PS2, it runs pretty damn smooth.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The Two Towers is made by a different developer (I think, correct me if I'm wrong someboady) and does not use the same engine as The Fellowship of the Ring.

nin
Whelp

Post by nin »

Yep, your rigth. Two towers is made by Stormfront studios, and FOTR is made by surreal.
To bad though...

nin
Whelp

Post by nin »

I must say the idea of playing as a dragon is very appealing......

Anyway, another question...

Abouth the story of Rynn, Arokh and Drakan. Any chance that you will try to send it to a publisher company. I think that you can promote it by saying that it's a joint writing project, conducted by people from all over the world, connecting on the internet....

Just an idea......

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

i would suggest to publish only Drakan: TAg part. I don't really like Order of the Flame part.

nin
Whelp

Post by nin »

Why not? I think both parts (so far), is great.

duranix
Whelp

Post by duranix »

ive never played ootf. It sounds like a good one. Whats it about? I know it comes before tag, but i mean, how lontg does it take to beat it? How is the game different from tag? Was it better-worse than tag?examples.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The game is about how Rynn and Arokh met and together they try to rescue Rynn's Brother and destroy an old arch enemy that has come back from the rift he was cast into by Arokh 600 years ago. It is revealed in TAG that Navaros was an ally of Gothraul. I won't tell you anymore in case you play the game.
Having said that, if you have read the first part of the story, its more or less what happens in the game.

TAG is a better game as it has more places to visit and things to do. Order of the Flame does not have the skill system for example. Its still a very enjoyable game though and well worth trying, copies turn up on ebay from time to time.