Help!

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

This quesrtion may be out of place in this topic:
Mage150, how does the demo of The End of the World looks to you?

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Ill check it out and let you know, dont usually look at demos.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

ok, if you didn't look at it, the don't. Final version is gonna be in september, 2003.

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

Mage: how do you suggest I improve my texturing? Again, I really appreciate your help.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

there are textures that are made to transist between 2 different textures (i.e. grass and dirt) and also adding trails makes it a little more realistic. Look in your TD databases because there is hundreds of Textures for landscapes. Set on the paint tool options randomize over orientation and rotate right and start painting. I guess it's more for the visual and it makes gameplay alot better.

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

Yea, I've been doing that. In some places I skipped using 'transitional' textures (half grass, half rock, for instance). I find that building the layers and adding NPC's and landscape objects before fine-tuning the texturing seems to make the scenery more natural. Also, taking screenshots of similar levels seems to help out a lot by giving an example. Also, Mage, how do you suggest I rid the level I've made from the 'bugs' you've mentioned?

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

Oh, yea, one more thing: I've added more pics to my site I told you about earlier. Just scroll to the bottom and click the 'More Pics' link.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Im starting to think you might want to restart work on this map :S. I want you to send me this map before you release it. I need to play through some of it before I can give you my final descision. My email is mage150@arokhslair.net if you care to give me your evaluation.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

wait you have been working just over a week on this? If you are than you shouldnt even be close to release. I restarted Joaxin's Relic the 24th and I have about a good 10 minutes at most of the first map done!

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

yeah, it looks really wrong :S.

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

More pics have been added to my Drakan pics archive! All of the pics are from my level 'Dragon's Common'. Just go to http://www.geocities.com/adeon26/drakanpics.html and scroll down to the 'more pics' button at the bottom of the page.
Also, Mage: can you tell me how to rid a level of bugs as I am making it so I don't have problems again?

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

O yea one more thing Mage how do you want me to send you my level (I honestly am lost on computers and the like). Thanks for putting up with me, dude.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

in a zip or rar

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

I don't know what's happened, but it's bad...I was editing my level and the 3D veiw window began to lag. Then I got a message saying the Riot Engine had made an error or something and was shutting down. My computer kinda froze at that point, but I saved my work before the machine locked up. I re-booted, but now I can't find my level anywhere on the computer. I can't play it on Drakan, either. What's happened?!? What can I do?!?!

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

What do you suppose I do? The level is in here somewhere, but how can I get to it? a message comes up saying there is no program to open it up. I've been looking for a file called SETUP.exe, but I can't seem to find the correct one.