MS logo key

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
bodfan
Dragon

MS logo key

Post by bodfan »

Is it safe to hit this key or it will corrupt game files?

<b>Reason</b>: I want to reduce the game screen to task bar in order to check the guide. It's convenient. I did that a lot escpecially with BG2 [8D]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It will probably cause the game to crash as it does on a lot of other games. I can't see it corrupting any game files but I'd save your game before you press the windows key or task switching to be on the safe side.

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

Actually it is pretty safe to use the windows key in this game as well as in many other games such as diablo, baldur-gate, IWD ... On the other hand, BoD will not tolerate it and the game will corrupt and you have to get out of there; in gothics, that key is not functional during the game. [8D]

This game is less intense than BoD, so sometimes I switch to play it.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

From my experience, its best not to press the windows key to avoid crashes or other problems.

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> From my experience, its best not to press the windows key to avoid crashes or other problems<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I've only tried the W key with drakan a few times. But for games such as Baldur gate, Diablo, IWD ... I have used this key hundreds upon hundreds of times, and nothing bad has happened. So it may depends on each game. Also, my system is win2k pro, so maybe it is more stable than XP, 98, ME ... and as you said earlier, the worst thing is It may corrupt some session files.