Sound problem , please respond.

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Fenix
Hatchling

Sound problem , please respond.

Post by Fenix »

Hi all , I installed and everything but now I don't have sound , I mean I got music , but Master doesnt work (SFX ) right? :o
So what patch do I need to get back the SFX?

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

There are a few problems on certain cards. No patch fixes just the sound option on it's own. I would turn off A3D support in the riot engine options (hold shift whilkst starting or start menu) for starters. Then try the other options. On Vista / Win7 systems both EAX and A3D should be off.

Fenix
Hatchling

Post by Fenix »

The shift method doesnt work ;/ isnt there away to get the SFX sound back without turning anything off?

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

It should do, hold shift whilst clicking on Drakan or go to riot engine options in the game's start menu group. There you can set the sound options.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Disable both EAX and A3D in Drakan options (press shift while double clicking Drakan shortcut). If this don't help, disable hardware acceleration for sound in DX options (if you have WinXP or earlier):

start menu -> run -> "dxdiag" (without quotes) -> enter -> sound tab -> set hardware acceleration to "none"

If you have WinVista or newer (like W7) than you'll have to search for compatible drivers for your sound card. It's a bit tricky as not all producers created such drivers and I can't point you to links unless you give me exact model of your sound card