Vertical Walls

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
shoprat
Dragon

Vertical Walls

Post by shoprat »

How can I create vertical walls?

lionlord
In my shape-shifting level, I want to use a dragon gate with a force door as an exit. Everything works fine, but the problem is, that the dragon gate object is not totally textured. If you look at it from the side you can see through the middle-part of it, where the gate touches the wall.

Yet, I could not realize a wall around the dragon gate with a gradient of 90 degree and an opening in it, that the dragon gate fits into without seeing either through parts of the wall or the dragon gate. I had a floor layer, with the dragon gate on it, a ceiling layer for the cave behind the dragon door and a floor layer on top for the wall around and the mountain above the dragon gate.

How can I make the dragon gate fit to a hole in a wall ?

Lord.Stone
A 90 degree wall can only be done with objects... So there must be an object that exactly fits this gate if you want to achieve that...

lionlord
A special "object-wall" where the dragon gate fits in would solve my problem perfect. But ( after all a silly question ) where do I find it ?

Zeoc
I don't think there is an object like that, because the dragon gate was meant to be surrounded by layers. Just look at how it's done in Grotto or Alwarren. You should be able to make a layer structure that fits the shape of the dragon gate.

lionlord
Ok, I did it. It was quite difficult, but now my dragon gate fits in a wall made of three layers. You have to make the bottom layer ( floor ) cover the edges of the gate up to half of the gate height. The second layers ( ceiling ) has to cover the gate edges from half of its height to the top and the last layer ( floor ) has to cover to open top of the ceiling layer. The difficulty is to create layers with the right division that make the surrounding walls fir to the edges of the dragon gate.

Lord.Stone
The divisions can be tricky indeed...

Zeoc
I have the flip division command set to the right mouse button on my computer because I use it so much. For every structure I sculpt using only the vertex tool, I always end up having to switch half of the divisions on diagonal walls and inclines.

lionlord
When I started to create the wall around the gate I didn't know the flip division possibility in the texture-tool. If you know it, the whole creation is quite easy. Sageous told me that trick.
Thanks guys.