What about papercraft?

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Morell
Dragon

Re: What about papercraft?

Post by Morell »

I do not own Drakan 2 game. Although it is pity, those gates there would be nice papercraftable.
Another problem is that it is playstation game, not PC, so ripping gets more difficoult, I'm not aware of tools for ripping from playstation emulators. (or any other emulators) I'm sure that there are some, but this is simply out of my hands. I have Arokh from TAG because I found it many years ago on net and kept in my pc until I found software I mastered enough to skin it.

Dragonerli
Whelp

Post by Dragonerli »

Morell wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:01 am I do not own Drakan 2 game. Although it is pity, those gates there would be nice papercraftable.
Another problem is that it is playstation game, not PC, so ripping gets more difficoult, I'm not aware of tools for ripping from playstation emulators. (or any other emulators) I'm sure that there are some, but this is simply out of my hands. I have Arokh from TAG because I found it many years ago on net and kept in my pc until I found software I mastered enough to skin it.
Thanks anyway

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

As I said, those gates would be awesome so if you have the game and emulator, try to do some research, you might get the models out yourself. Considering that there is still desire for ripping of models you are quite possible to find working way of extracting.

Dragonerli
Whelp

Post by Dragonerli »

Morell wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:05 pm As I said, those gates would be awesome so if you have the game and emulator, try to do some research, you might get the models out yourself. Considering that there is still desire for ripping of models you are quite possible to find working way of extracting.
the only ones i found were ninja ripper and 3dripperdx but both extract planes only not 3d meshes.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

You could rip Ancient gates with these rippers?
Can you pack one folder of rips from ninja ripper and send me it? I already know that sometimes despite being ripped 2 dimensional, the files of .rip contain all three dimensions, like when I rip Safari Biathlon Racer, and it requires handy try and error finding out proper settings of Blender importer.
(unless it really rips only X and Y, I had faced such games as well and no bunch of settings helped.