A Symbolic Question...

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Drakai
Hatchling

A Symbolic Question...

Post by Drakai »

Heyo guys ^^

Got a little something perhaps someone here can shed light on...

The symbol you see plastered on crates and gates all over the place, I could never quite figure out who it belonged to!
I mean, I always assumed it was something to do with the Order, but it would make more sense as some wartok thing... Seeing as it's all over their areas xD

Maybe I missed some clue when I was younger (I prefer playing through TAG these days), but meh, I ask simply because I've decided it's a rather cool symbol :P

Anyone know it's backstory?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: A Symbolic Question...

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

It's never really explained anywhere but it's assumed the symbol on the crates is the Dark Union's symbol as the crates are carrying grimstone to bring Navaros back into the world. Also all of the enemies you encounter are working for the Dark Union - an order that loosely continued after Navaros's banishment to the rift plane of existence at the end of the dark wars. It just took them roughly 600 years to finally be able to bring him back from the rift.

The order of the Flame's symbol is the five gems upon a golden sort of cross. It's used on the game's main menu and the pendant Rynn wears around her neck.

In the Ancient's Gates the Order's symbols appears on the doors in the 'Sanguinade' & Stratos but Arokh explains that it once was one of the Order's buildings now taken over by the enemy. Stratos is really buildings and stretches of land that was raised up into the sky; again the buildings were probably ones belonging to the Order. Although if the Desert Lords renovated the ruins and made them to their taste you'd think they would change the doors but I think this is more of a contiunity issue on the developer's part.

As a matter of interest there's also some paintings in this building and the one in the swamp that was artwork originally made for OOTF which depicts battle scenes between the Order and Dark Union in the Dark Wars.

In the novel version of the two games it is written that Navaros was brought back by the Succubi & their allies i.e Wartocks etc to rid the world of the Desert Lords but unknown to them Navaros had his own plans. It just happened to be Rynn's brother they chose to resurrect Navaros's spirit into and Rynn just happened to live in the same village as Heron, Arokh's first bonded. If you notice in OOTF the tropical level at night there are actually four moons - one of which looks like a planet. The story has this as the planet Sessool which is where the Desert Lords came from.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair