Question About the Ending of the Game

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Lighting Crystal

Question About the Ending of the Game

Post by Lighting Crystal »

I want to ask if Delon is alive or he dies at the end? At the moment I play the sequel Drakan The Ancients'Gates and I am towards the middle of the game and at the beginning it is said that her brother had been lost and nothing is clear as though I play a different game with different story. This was very disappointing to me. Also I want to know who is the final boss (the dragon with the four heads in Drakan Order of The Flame)-Navaros or Kaeros? And if it is Navaros do we kill him forever or is he still alive because there was some evil voice laughing at the end. Who was he? Navaros or someone else? If someone can answer me these very difficult questions I will be very grateful.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Question About the Ending of the Game

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there,
Yes you are correct, the ending was disappointing and was the complaint of many fans. The ending and last two levels were rushed due to publisher pressure so the intended ending was never made. To make up for that Surreal said all will be explained in the sequel. BUT as you know Sony who already owned Psygnosis the publisher of Drakan decided to make the then PC only sequel into a PS2 exclusive. Much of the game was changed including the story so that players who were new to the franchise didn't have to play the first game to understand the storyline.

Due to this the explanation of what happened to Delon and the evil laugh was omitted from The Ancient's Gates. It simply says that Delon was 'lost'. Navaros, the Dark Union & Turi / Alwarren get a mention too somewhere but nothing was explained.

The general assumption is that the 4 headed dragon is Navaros in Kaeros's body (why he has four heads though is beyond me) and Delon is forever trapped in the rift world along with Navaros / Kaeros spirit. Delon's body was freed from Navaros's spirit when Rynn was forced to use the runeblade on him. Disorientated he fell backwards into the rift as he came round from his possession. Navaros's spirit then went back into it's original host, Kaeros and he came back up from the rift world to try and kill Rynn and Arokh.

Technically Delon is not dead but he is beyond reach as it's also assumed that the runeblade and rift crystal was destroyed as they do not appear in The Ancient's Gates. The evil laugh was Navaros spirit getting the last laugh on his most hated enemy, Arokh as he had to leave the rift world before reaching Delon to prevent himself and Rynn from being trapped there as the gateway began to close.

In the fan made story / book version of the game Arokh forced Rynn to destroy the runeblade forever preventing Navaros's return and also sealing Delon's fate.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Lighting Crystal

Re: Question About the Ending of the Game

Post by Lighting Crystal »

Thank you! It became clear to me.