Missing textures

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
talonhunter
Hatchling

Missing textures

Post by talonhunter »

I got thos game to run after installing the official 445 patch and the AiO final patch. The game runs fine but there are several textures missing. I am at the starting village and there are no doors showing. I can see right through them. They are still there since Rynn opens them.

Any one have this issue?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Missing textures

Post by Arokhs Twin »

This usually happens when you are using an incompatible graphics card. Some intel onboard video chipsets are known to not work with Drakan but can be fixed using the community patch DGvoodoo option.

What are your system specs?
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

talonhunter
Hatchling

Post by talonhunter »

Arokhs Twin wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:34 pm This usually happens when you are using an incompatible graphics card. Some intel onboard video chipsets are known to not work with Drakan but can be fixed using the community patch DGvoodoo option.

What are your system specs?
Well, I'm currently running it on a virtual Windows 7 Pro version. Reason was that the game froze on my Windows 10 computer all the time so I had to do a hard reset. Maybe I'll give it another shot on Win 10 again. Otherwise I have a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 8 GB.

Also, I tried DGvoodoo but couldn't figure out how to make it work with the game. Although it was late and I didn't put too much effort in it. Might try it later.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The virtual machine will be the problem as it won't have a "full" video driver or it's not emulating properly.

Drakan works fine on Windows 10 as long as you install the community patch. My video card is similar to yours and it works just fine without dgvoodoo.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Hello talonhunter, could you send screenshots with this graphical issue? Now we know that problem is with virtual machine, but I wonder what exactly is problem with missing textures, as I read, textures of doors aren't rendered properly so I can check properties of texture, color depth, , resolution or even model shading. I had similar problem with missing texture but they had to do with new models to Drakan or level editting

talonhunter
Hatchling

Post by talonhunter »

Here are two examples in thes tarting village.
Missing texture
Missing texture
missing_texture1.jpg (26.16 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
Missing texture
Missing texture
missing_texture2.jpg (30.6 KiB) Viewed 7908 times

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Thanks for screenshots talonhunter , there could be multiple causes of this bug. As we mentioned it could be problem with DirectX components or graphics card drivers. I've checked those models that textures aren't rendered , as for Iron gate I thought it could be problem with shiny specular highlights shading problem. But I've checked also table (Tablea02 model) and it has normal shading as other models(flat shading that is visible on high number of objects as well as smooth shading)

Another cause can be of course problem with point lights, I noticed that one point light can handle maximum 7 models, however if 8th model is in reach of point light model is rendered but it simply doesn't take light.

I think the most probable cause is simply Pixel format of textures, most of textures have 16bit. But textures of iron gate have textures: Texture40(8bit), Texture49(8bit). Including this table object, also it has textures 8bit

I've checked also texture quality and I set to lowest, looks that it isn't cause: