Making an HD texture mod, don't know how to get my textures to stay in the engine.

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Eiroj
Hatchling

Making an HD texture mod, don't know how to get my textures to stay in the engine.

Post by Eiroj »

I've been working on an HD texture mod for a week or so. I got the vanilla textures out of the .txd's no problem. I can load my textures in the editor easily enough by just replacing the textures in the existing databases. But when I close the editor, the databases won't save and I can't actually test my textures in-game.

Re-replacing all the textures and flying around in 3d view in the editor makes testing and searching for tiling and seams needlessly difficult. One because that window is tiny, and two because I'm starting to have trouble remembering which textures replace what as their numbers grow.

How do I actually pack these things back into a .txd file?

Eiroj
Hatchling

Re: Making an HD texture mod, don't know how to get my textures to stay in the engine.

Post by Eiroj »

I fixed it. It was a stupid mistake; my user account didn't have permission to write the .txds. In my defense I've never modded this game before lol

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Making an HD texture mod, don't know how to get my textures to stay in the engine.

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Welcome to the forum, would be good to see what you make with the editor. If you have not done so already join our discord server as the majority of the community are on there now.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

This should still work https://discord.gg/nCMrU4p
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair