BloodMod read this

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

PigVomit
Dragon

Re: BloodMod read this

Post by PigVomit »

piltrafus wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:41 pm
PigVomit wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:22 pm How fast your enemies die is up to you:)...
They fie fast on me. But I've been training for 20years now :)

The mod is super fun. I love the surprise attacks around every corner.
Amazing way to revitalize the game.
Thanks for keeping the torches lit :)

Best.
Thank you Piltrafus!
Does your fps lowers down when using random enemies? Or do you have have fps lags or other problems when playing with the mod?

pigvomit
Vomit on the nearest asshole

piltrafus
Dragon

Post by piltrafus »

I've been playing with BladeOfLight mod. And there are some slowdowns related to amount lights on scene.
The blood pools are a huge slow down but with the Evaporation turned on the problem goes away.

In terms of number of enemies I haven't felt any sort of slowdown related to them. Is more about the amount of blood that can pile up fast. More enemies more blood. But you have options to handle that, as I mentioned.

Some enemies appear in unaccessible areas. Like roofs or flat rocks. Nothing an arrow cant solve.

One issue is sometimes getting giant enemies like minotaurs or golems with 30000 units of health at the 2nd map for example. There's no way to kill them without hitting them for an hour.

Overall it works great I think. The only extra I could ask for is a difficulty level. So you could set it on hard and get enemies with more health for example (not the minotaur of course, just the grunts)

Best.

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

piltrafus wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 am I've been playing with BladeOfLight mod. And there are some slowdowns related to amount lights on scene.
The blood pools are a huge slow down but with the Evaporation turned on the problem goes away.

In terms of number of enemies I haven't felt any sort of slowdown related to them. Is more about the amount of blood that can pile up fast. More enemies more blood. But you have options to handle that, as I mentioned.

Some enemies appear in unaccessible areas. Like roofs or flat rocks. Nothing an arrow cant solve.

One issue is sometimes getting giant enemies like minotaurs or golems with 30000 units of health at the 2nd map for example. There's no way to kill them without hitting them for an hour.

Overall it works great I think. The only extra I could ask for is a difficulty level. So you could set it on hard and get enemies with more health for example (not the minotaur of course, just the grunts)

Best.
Glad it works ok!
Enemies on roofs and cliffs etc. are no mistake, we widened the spawn radius on valid map sectors to get more "spreaded" enemy positions. You can bow them like you said or in some cases these scouts jump down on their own lol its hilarious.

I see your point when you see a Minotaur at the first map. Of course you are not meant to fight it but run. And to fight them its useless, the exp reward is still limited since I know someone would spend 60 minutes to kill it and its no good to be on level 10 at Kashgar. In one live stream there was 2 minotaurs in dwarf first map and the player just kept running lol. I said to him that it is a random enemy mod indeed. :lol:

If you want more difficulty (harder enemies) it is super easy to do it yourself. Just go to folder Lib and open CreateRandomEnemy.py. Find row number 154 def getLevel(self,sEnemy=0):
Here you can specify enemy level for each race or use shared if you want. Just modify Min and Max values :D

I just played Blade of Light with Gorentity 2020. It did put smile on my face :D :D

Best regards,
pv

piltrafus
Dragon

Post by piltrafus »

Cool, first time I saw the silhouette of a Minotaur coming out the the fog in TellHalaf it was a holly fuck moment. :)

thanks for the tips about difficulty. I'll try it out.

I've been actually sweating bullets lately trying to just start the game. It crashed 99% of the time. I barely played at all after a couple of lucky times where it just started fine.

I finally found a solution that seems to work every time. Just start the Launcher with the console. And then close the console before starting the actual game. In case it happens to you, Just create a shortcut for the Blade.exe and add:

blade.exe -console

Your mod update made me jump into Blade again after years. I may be updating Blade of Light soon. Nothing revolutionary but a bit better dynamic adaptation and tonemapping. SO fog doesn't blow up etc.
Always fun butchering some orcs :)

Best,
P

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Hi all,

A stable version of Gorentity Mod 2020 was released 10.1.2021. All known bugs of the mod are fixed. Gorentity Mod 2020 StandAlone Installer works also with BodLoader though not supported by it. Download from https://www.moddb.com/mods/gorentity-mod-2015

Best regards,

pigvomit

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

piltrafus wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 am

Best.
The next patch of our mod will have a Random Enemy Toughness option ( low, med, high ) in Gorentity Menu. Players can choose the difficulty for their taste. Also the experience reward for killing random enemies will be more limited to suite the vanilla game char exp levels vs maps better. This way the enemies created by the house are "not too easy". And also if enemy kills an enemy the exp reward will no more go to the player. The patch is not ready yet but stay tuned!

pigvomit

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Gorentity Mod 2020 with Random Enemy Creator v1.5 is released.

We added:

- Random Enemy Toughness: Player can set the random enemy difficulty level. Changes take place when starting a new game, restarting a level or entering a new map.

- Few adjustments and fixes.

Download from:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/gorentity-mod-2015

If bugs appear please inform us.

pigvomit