New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

esfumato
Dragon

New Character: The Wizard

Postby esfumato » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:44 am

Well I prefer to use the Whislist Topic to drop ideas, and I think that more people would like to play like a wizard.
To not make an illegible mix post is better to have a topic only to discuss about him here.

The wizard should be the weakest caracter of the game (well maybe not weak as the amazon).
Should be the worst using weapons.

I think "MAGIC IS ALREADY IN THE GAME" we have Dall Gurak, Ianna sword and the Chaos knight balls of electricity.

Without do any new weapon we can put it all together to the wizard and it could do the work faster. (maybe the animations too)

Whe can change the color of the chaos knight electricity balls from blue to orange and transform it to fireballs.

We also can use the "TELEPORTER MOD" from Iron Lord and use it like an escape from mele fight where the wizard should have nothing to do.

We can use the poison weapons or arrows and transform it in poison spells
We can use the "blood weapons" that quit health of the enemies and take it back to us like a spell
Auto heal like a spell or heal teammates( hoooo if we had multiplayer) maybe transforming health potions

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:54 am

OK.[8D] I'll code him if someone will make the model.[:p]

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:39 pm

Code one using the existing skins and animations, and if it torn out to be cool, pearhaps we will not need a new one because that will be very dificult to do with out a good lowpoly modeler and animator, and a animator that use bones for animations pearhaps don´t know how to animate a caracter for the BOD game .

p.s- I´m not a caracter modeler so don´t ask me.

big truck
Dragon

Postby big truck » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:21 am

Argoon,

Could you please, make a good tuto for me, theme "How to", chapter "new characters modeling". Thank you.

[:D][:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:10 pm

I can do the code using an existing model and animations. Some new anims would be nice. A wizard should have a staff, so he should really walk using the staff for support. Also some anims for when he is casting his incantations, but I can borrow some of dal's.

I've given some thought to his special abilities. He could launch various fireballs, etc. Also be able to teleport like the vamp and turn himself invisible. To limit his power he should have to keep topping up with special magic potions.

Any other ideas, shout up.

Dericious
Whelp

Postby Dericious » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:08 pm

He should be able to launch lightnings from his staff etc.What do you think about summoning creatures(like dal gurak on top of his tower).

Also give him some fighting abilities..similar moves like gandalf does with his staff in LOTR :)

A wizzard should defiently have a robe and a hat :D

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:01 pm

The wizard shouldn't need to 'top up' with potions as that would be unrealistic and very much like the efforts seen in other games. Instead his spells should be launched in a similar way to the combo moves and drain his strength, meaning he would have to wait until he could attack again. He should have no armour of any kind, and should be totally dependent on his spells for protection. As he levels up, new spells would become available, both defensive and offensive.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:25 pm

Yes, good thinking.[8)]

His energy level aught to be quite low, so that he can't really weild
big weapons. His melee skills should be limited and he should rely more on cunning.

Maybe if he had a particuarly devastating spell it could be made so that he could not do it again for *minutes or so. Instead of armour, he could have a variant of Dal's magic shield, again only usable for a short period. He could also have the ability to conjour demons that would attack his foes.

Long time since, Masklin did a mod that makes all enemy weapons in a given range turn into radishes (or was it chairs?). It had a few bugs in it which caused crashes. I might give that another look.

Keep ideas coming.[:p]

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:47 pm

Superb ideas. One other thing though... [:p]

What about a "vampiric touch" similar to the queens sword, as the code already exists would hopefully make this easier, whicb allows him to drain energy from enemies?

The slow moving electrical force ball that the chaos knights throw would make a good lightening bolt spell if speeded up just a bit. The code for this has a homing ability as well.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:11 pm

I'm really getting fired up about this guy.[8D]

Soon as I get my new PC (cough), I will set about a demo map.

What is he going to be called?[8)]

[8)] Just a thought. If his name begins with A,B,D or K it would make him savegame -friendly and avoid patching the SaveGame.py file.

big truck
Dragon

Postby big truck » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:49 pm

(cough) (cough) (reuh arrrg brr hem hem)... A very famous guy said, one day, " I have a dream ! "

He's not alone now [:D][:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:36 am

Yes! I dreamt I had a new 'kin computer.[|)]

NightHawk
Hatchling

Postby NightHawk » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:10 am

Here's what a new super computer looks like Pro [8D]
All bells N Whistles - flashing lights and everyting Hee Hee

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected] ... PCPAGE.htm

Hummm!!! cant get links to work right for some unknown reason?
just copy the http:// link onwards and paste into a new page.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:20 pm

Cooool in more ways than one.[:p] Things do get a bit heated in this wheather. I just take the side off the case and aim a fan at it. (Keeps your feet cool as well). The other day the CPU temp was up to 72c. That was just before the power supply died. The new PS I put in has a bigger fan (and a nice blue light on it for some reason[8D]).

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:16 pm

72C? No wonder you've got problems... [8)]

What CPU is that? I hope it's not anything Intel running at that temp! [:0]

-edit: Saying that, 72C is way too hot for any kind of Athlon as well.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”