[Q] New Weapons?

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Raptor
Whelp

Postby Raptor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 am

Omg I can't believe how sick all of this is ^.^

Pro, I have a question: Is it possible to add an aura to a weapon (like the special weapons, namely Ianna)? Because this is coming out so good I'd like to enhance my sword [:D]

Check it out!

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 am

Excellent job. [:D]

Yes you can put an Aura on anything.

I'll dig out some code later.[8)]

Later....

Try this. (paste into DefFuncs.py

#####################################################################

Code: Select all

import Bladex import GenFX # Examples # auraparams=(80, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0) # (Size, Alpha, ColorIntensity, HideFrontFaces, HideBackFaces, AdditiveMode) # auragradient=(2, 0.8, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.0, 0.4, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.6) # (Margin, r, g, b, a, InitMarginDistance, r, g, b, a, EndMarginDistance) # prtldata=("GotasSangre", 20, (0.0, 0.0, 0.0), 0.0, 0.0, 2000.0, 0.01, 0.0, 24) # (PrtlType, PPS, Vel=(v1, v2, v3), NormalVel, RndVel, YGrav, Friction, FollowFactor, Time2Live) # lightdata=(1.0, (235, 245, 255), 0) # (Intensity, Color=(r, g, b), Flick) def CoolWeaponFX(WeaponName): weapon=Bladex.GetEntity(WeaponName) if not weapon: return data= weapon.Data auraparams=(80, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0) # (Size, Alpha, ColorIntensity, HideFrontFaces, HideBackFaces, AdditiveMode) auragradient=(2, 0.8, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.0, 0.4, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.6) # (Margin, r, g, b, a, InitMarginDistance, r, g, b, a, EndMarginDistance) prtldata=() lightdata=() data.WeaponFX=GenFX.WeaponFX(WeaponName, auraparams, auragradient, prtldata, lightdata)

######################################################################
The after creating the weapon, add:

CoolWeaponFX(o.Name)

The function as it stands should put a red aura on the weapon like the Vamp Sword. There is the capabilty to add particle effects and a light by putting values into the empty ()s. See notes above the function.

I haven't tried it btw.[8)]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:58 pm

That sword is looking awesome Raptor, good job! [:D]

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Yes it look great!, Prospero I had sent you an email with the tree form half life, have you tryed to get it inside BOD?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Not yet.[:I] I'll have a look now.[8)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I've had a look.....

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Originally posted by Raptor

Pro, I have a question: Is it possible to add an aura to a weapon (like the special weapons, namely Ianna)? Because this is coming out so good I'd like to enhance my sword<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi again guys! I have the same question, but for a shield. It´s possible to add this ¨special-shield¨ to the original game.? [;)]

Pro, I read your answer, but I don´t understand? [xx(]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Sorry IR. What special shield?

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 pm

What happened with the trunk?

Raptor
Whelp

Postby Raptor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Pro,

File "Cfg.py", line 12, in ? execfile("objs.py") File "objs.py", line 2751, in ? CoolWeaponFX(o.Name) File "DefFuncs.py", line 2611, in CoolWeaponFX weapon.Data.WeaponFX = GenFX.WeaponFX(WeaponName, auraparams, auragradient, prtldata, lightdata) TypeError: attribute-less object (assign or del)
[:D]?

<b>EDIT:</b> Nvm, fixed, lol. Just added this to your code:

import InitDataField InitDataField.Initialise(weapon)
^.^

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Sorry Pro, you don't understood me. The "special-shield" is the one I want to create!, a shield with yellow aura. [:p] Only is a idea.

The Aegis Shield! [:D]

Raptor
Whelp

Postby Raptor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Does anybody know why the Gladius is requesting me to have more energy for the special attack even when I'm already at level 4?

I was trying to add a combo to the Cobra's Sword (successfully) and I don't know which files I messed up that now give me this Gladius problem. [:D]

Which is the weapons-energy requirements file? o.o

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:12 pm

IG,
You can add a basic aura (no Particle FX) to any object in the game with this code:

import Auras
Auras.MakeAura("EntityName",-1,(80,1,1,0,0,0), (),(),(2, 0.8,0.6,0, 0.2, 0, 0.6,0.5,0.1, 0, 0.8))

That example makes a yellow aura.

The params are:
(EntityName,time2live, (Size, Alpha, ColorIntensity, HideFrontFaces, HideBackFaces, AdditiveMode), (AuraGradient0), (AuraGradient1), (Margin, r, g, b, a, InitMarginDistance, r, g, b, a, EndMarginDistance)

Raptor,

The weapon stats are in Lib\Reference.py, but you may have altered something else. Do you remember editing Gladius stats?

Raptor
Whelp

Postby Raptor » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 am

I reinstalled BoD, not sure what was that [:D]

And switched to a bug-free text editor (I'm sure that was what caused it).

So which is the 'safe' way to make a custom weapon have a combo? XD I was reading up some old Pro posts on other threads about this and he mentions that we really shouldn't mess with those files if you don't know how to...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by IrateGiant</i>

Sorry Pro, you don't understood me. The "special-shield" is the one I want to create!, a shield with yellow aura. [:p] Only is a idea.

The Aegis Shield! [:D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You mean the Aura is on the Player? Like when you use the Bracelet?

esfumato. I have the trunk OK. I left it off temporarily just to see how the foliage looked. Actually, it looks a lot better than I thought it would. Could look quite nice with a group of trees.
The texture really needs to have more resolution though, but that shouldn't be a serious job.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”