[Q] New Weapons?

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Raptor</i>

I reinstalled BoD, not sure what was that [:D]

And switched to a bug-free text editor (I'm sure that was what caused it).

So which is the 'safe' way to make a custom weapon have a combo? XD I was reading up some old Pro posts on other threads about this and he mentions that we really shouldn't mess with those files if you don't know how to...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I've said this before and I'll say it again.....

If you edit any source files, make a backup first.[:D]

And a general appeal. [8)]

It's fine if you are just tweaking stuff for your own amusement. But if you are making mods for general release,

<b><font size="5">Please don't replace source files.</font id="size5"></b>

99.99999% of the time there is no need for it.
Almost anything can be overidden from within your own self contained mod. If lots of folks all started adding different versions of source files, where would it all end?

Raptor
Whelp

Postby Raptor » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:05 am

Yes sir! [:D]

Btw, this is how I'm doing the combo for the Cobra's Sword:

Code: Select all

kgt=Bladex.GetCharType("Knight_N","Kgt_N") kgt.AddAttack("GM70_1H","Kgt_g_32_5_3new") kgt.AttackWindow("Kgt_g_32_5_3new",0.508,0.706,"GM70_1H_Window") kgt.AssignTrail("GM70_1H","","EstelaRoja1") kgt.AddLevels("Kgt_g_32_5_3new",3,40) kgt.AddEnergyLevel("Kgt_g_32_5_3new", 0) kgt.MetaAttack("GIM_1H","GM70_1H") kgt.MetaAttack("COMBO1","GM70_1H") kgt.AllowAttack("GM70_1H","L+R","GI_1H","","GI_1H_Window","CobraSword")
It is the Elf Sword's special and it kicks ass! However, I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do it given that even when I'm below level 4 it would still work but tell me that I don't have enough energy.

Funny.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:33 am

Easier Way. All you need is:

Code: Select all

kgt = Bladex.GetCharType("Knight_N","Kgt") kgt.AllowAttack("GM35_1H","F","GM6_1H","","","CobraSword")
Or if you simple replace "CobraSword" with "1H", you can do the Dream combo with all 1-Handed weapons. Will work for all other combos if you can find the right code.

btw. If you want permanent unlimited energy, I think this might work:

char.Data.FAttack = 4.0

.assuming the the char variable is assigned to the Player.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:49 am

Or.....

Look in ProperoArena3 in WeaponTypes.py for the Power Gem code. [:p]

It gives you the effect of a power potion, but you can set the number of uses to as many as you like. And the time it lasts to as long as you like too.

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:51 am

Pro bro, usaid to me in the past that if I wanna make the basic weapons dirty rusty "new" textures I dont need to make the full weapons.mmp
I can make single weapons, for example I make a new mmp for the ELf Sword, where should I add/edit a line to see this new elf sword in the main game

thx

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Load your own mmp in the .lvl file as usual. But put it <b>before</b> the line that loads the weapons.mmp.

Bitmaps -> MyNewElfSwordTexture.mmp
Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dobjs\\weapons.mmp

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>
esfumato. I have the trunk OK. I left it off temporarily just to see how the foliage looked. Actually, it looks a lot better than I thought it would. Could look quite nice with a group of trees.
The texture really needs to have more resolution though, but that shouldn't be a serious job.

Finally! we have trees!!!

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks SR!, but where should I add the code? [:I]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Prospero

You mean the Aura is on the Player? Like when you use the Bracelet?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Pro, I want to add a aura to a object, a shield. You remember me PerseusShield? [;)]

Image[/IMG]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 pm

IG,
Put the code after the shield code:

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("MyShield","Escudo4",0,0,0,"Weapon")
Auras.MakeAura("MyShield",-1,(80,1,1,0,0,0), (),(),(2, 0.8,0.6,0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.3,0.1,0.1, 0, 0.8))

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Load your own mmp in the .lvl file as usual. But put it <b>before</b> the line that loads the weapons.mmp.

Bitmaps -> MyNewElfSwordTexture.mmp
Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dobjs\\weapons.mmp

BUT how the game knows that he should use that mmp not the main weapons mmp, dont need add a line somewhere in the scripts or dunno [:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks SR! I´ll try it!

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charly</i>

BUT how the game knows that he should use that mmp not the main weapons mmp, dont need add a line somewhere in the scripts or dunno [:D]
The game only uses the FIRST .bmp it finds (in any mmp). After that, any duplicates are ignored.

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 am

aa, so inside the newelfsowrdd.mmp, the orginal elfsword bmp name, and the game use it at first, ok

I thinking to make the full weapons.mmp, so dont need edit anytime the levels lvl file anytime I want change [:D]

thx help guys

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 pm

For all 3D modelers! , can you help me with a idea? [:I]

The idea is a weapon with the same moves of "DalWeapon".

Tessai´s weapon from "Ninja Scroll: The Movie": [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unsowjDa ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSlPyXeo ... re=related

I always wanted to put into the game, but i haven´t knowledge of 3D modeling. [:(]

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”