Problem with light at some points...

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 pm

The spider room is ok if you remove the 2 fires. Looks bare though...

The door at the vamp room was actually meant to be a trap that the player could use, but I abandoned it at the last minute. The whole corridor is a door, and I intended some Dark knights to come through so you could crush them by closing the door. The code is still there in DefFuncs.

I think the Salamanders could go too, they're just annoying [:)].

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Good job on the progress guys!

btw, i agree on salamanders :). Also the red pit could get kinda annoying if you fall too many times and need to circle around all the time... ;)

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:31 am

Just got to the Sallys. I thought of moving them into the corridor behind. Might be better somewhere else or gone alltogether.

I have made a few mods to the gameflow as I have gone along. Put in barriers so you can't just run round enemies.

I'm thinking that you ought to have get the Knightshade weapon before proceding past that point. Once you make the jump you can't get back unless you get killed.

I have made the outside atmos denser and it looks good to me. I'll post some pics as and when..... I'm doodling about with the lighting on the final courtyard. Thinking of making it more sunset-like.

Crazydwarf
Whelp

Postby Crazydwarf » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:27 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Random</i>

Speaking of old mods, I finally got to play Dwarfquest by reducing the dark atmosphere for OpenGL.
If anyone wants to play it, I've uploaded the fixed map file here:
http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods/dwarfquest_gl.zip

You will still need to download the original DwarfQuest and place it in the BODLoader\Maps folder, then replace "dwarfquest.bw" with the OpenGl version. I'm sure CrazyDwarf won't mind me tampering with his mod, as it just makes it playable on modern PCs.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I do not mind at all.
Infact I want to greatly thank you for it !

I just recently downloaded my old map (could barely belive it was still available) so I could record some fraps movie to use as a reference when applying to a school for game-developers [:D]

I was horrified to see the darkness of the map, but I was very happy to find you fixed it for me [8D]

Sorry for the topic necromancy, I know this thank's comes about 6 months too late.
Cool to see the BOD community is still kicking, guess it's like the cheese of Blade, made to last through the ages [:D]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Crazydwarf,
Good to see you're still gaming, and good luck with the game-developers school! [:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Well Hi and long time no hear CD. [:D]

Are you going to be student or teacher? [:p]

Crazydwarf
Whelp

Postby Crazydwarf » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 am

I would be a student, but the whole point of it, is to lead to some form of employment along the line. If not as designer then teaching is not out of the question.
I did pretty good in the educational sience classes afterall [:)]

Have to feed thoe two daughters I have spawned (and no, neither of them where named Ianna) [:D]

ftb
Hatchling

Re:

Postby ftb » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi all.
2018 but BoD right now looks exelent again )
Traveling through "Fugitive" castle complex a very meditative ))

But "DwarfQuest" link seems broken.

Have somebody copy of dwarfquest_gl.zip ?
Share please.

cieply
Dragon

download

Postby cieply » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:31 pm

You can download from moddb here. If you have problem with fog in OpenGL try to use renderer from here.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”