New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MBK_MBK</i>

<font color="white">This one is on the <b>right</b> hand, and has +25 power and -5 defense.</font id="white"> <--- This works. The statistics are modified. The player has 125 power and 45 defense.<font color="white">
The other is in the <b>left </b>hand, and has +50 power and -10 defense. </font id="white"><--- This does not work<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Shields don't have a 'Defense' rating. Parm[2] is 'Resistance' to damage.

A shield's 'Resistance' rating does not change the Player's 'Defense' rating.

You can make the shield's 'Resistance' modify the Player's 'Defense' by editing PowDefWidgets.py, but allow for the fact that game shields have Resistances between 20 and 8000.

I think Pro has made 'fixed' Bows and arrows that scale with the Player's level.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Thanks Sir Random, I will investigate the file PowDefWidgets.py [:)]
I will try to program 3 stadistics to the shields. So, the shields and the left-handed swords will have strength, defense and resistance. [8D]
Oh yes, the original resistance ranged from 20 to 8000. But, in the mod, a shield with level 125 have 5000000 of resistance and The Heavy Bow has 50000 of power. [:p]
Well, I am still working [:D]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

<font color="white">Hello,
In ItemTypes.py I scheduled an amulet called "destroyer", that kill and bursts the enemy selected. [8D]
Now, I am thinking how I could to program an amulet that turns the enemy selected into an ally.
I tried with "setenemy", but does not work, the enemy is paralyzed and does nothing.
Does anyone have any idea? Thanks! [:)]
</font id="white">

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

In the Wizards Domain map there is a quiver with drugged arrows that turn enemies into allies. The trick is to remove the enemy and replace them with an ally version of the same race. Some special FX will conceal the transition.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Great Prospero, [:)]
Thanks, I will look it carefully.

I think to add allies in version 1.2, but the Allies are another complicated issue. [|)]
I have problems to define the programming of the Allies, in the original game.

Until now, in the original game I adapted the files:
- AllyTypes.py
- Combat.py
- Enemies.py
- Scripts\Combos\xxx.py

Well, and some more that I can not remember, I still investigating. [8)]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

<font color="white">
Hello friends, [:)]
I'm modifying the original pictures and original texts, of the menus and help screens (the travel book, the key F1). I am adding the statistics of new weapons, the new combos and writing the history of the game.

The most of the texts is in the directory </font id="white"> C:\...Blade\Data\...<font color="white">

For example: In spanish, I see that rute: C:\...Blade\Data\Text\Spanish\...

I need to know how are the directories the English version, to translate everything into English. Perhaps, would it be C:\...Blade\Data\Text\English\...?

Thanks [:D]

</font id="white">

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

Hi MBK,
The English (UK) version uses:
C:\...<font color="red">Severance</font id="red">\Data\Text\English\

I think the English (U.S.) version uses:
C:\...Blade\Data\Text\English\

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

I see, thanks Sir Random.
I have prepared the directory and files structure of the mod, so that they can directly replace the original files.
Just need to copy and paste the main directory of the mod, called <font color="white">...Blade\ </font id="white">, to the original main directory. It is obvious, that must be called with the same name <font color="white">...Blade\</font id="white"> [:)]

If the directory structure is different between U.K. and U.S. versions, I'll try that the players do not have many problems to replace the files correctly, because I'm not sure of the directories.

Well, I think: I will upload the v1.1 of the mod, in Spanish first. (Of course, when I finish to correct the mistakes, sorry, i am still on it [:I])
If someone who speaks Spanish and English, (better than me, that I speak like a robot [8)][:p]) could help with the translation would be cool.[8D] When I have prepared the directory structure in English, I will upload another v1.1, but in English. [:D]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Hi MBK,Look forward your new mod![:D]
I thought you can made three kinds of Orks in you new mod,or some other new stuff.[:p]
You can view code by SR and Pro in this link:
http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3065
That would be more exciting![:D][:D][8D]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello Mingyue, [:)]
Thanks for the idea, would be great to put multiple appearances to all foes. [^] [8D]
In fact, I've been looking for new skins. But, not all work properly in the original game. I'm still investigating why, but I guess it's because the nodes of the 3D model do not match well with some animations of attacks. (I wish to know how to work with 3D Max, to create my own appearances. [8)] )

For now, what I have done is simply, I have created more enemy races.
I mean, for example:
The Dark Orc and the Gold Orc, or the Traitor Knight and the Dark Knight... They are enemies different their own behaviors, Statistics and combos. They are not the same enemy with different skins.
The Stone Golem, the Fire Golem, or the Iron Golem... they are the same enemy with the same combos, but with different skins and Statistics.

I would add different minotaurs, or demons, or trolls... would be great. [:)][8D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Good Luck MDK. [:D]

All the 'human' type models - inc Orcs, Skels, Golems, Vamp an Chaos Knight will share meshes and animations. (Not Prisoners)

All the rest only use their own stuff.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hehe, [:D] Thanks Prospero, I will need it. [;)]

Oh yeah, I see. I tried to create new characters with the prisoners, as allies that fight with the hero, but did not work.
Now I know why, It is what I thought... [:o)] [:p]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

You could possibly add the missing nodes to the prisoner meshes. But it hardly seems worth the effort.[8)]

I have some NPC prisoner chars that I have been fooling around with. Even made some animations for them. (Lying down - sitting on the floor, etc.) You can have the files if you want. [:)] I have them working as enemies, but they don't attack unless you hit them and then they rebel. I've been setting the dogs on them. [B)]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Hi MBK,[:)]
Have you finished your new expert level difficulty mod ?
The video you upload looks very cool![:D]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello Mingyue, [:)]
Well, not yet. Thanks for asking. [:I]

Sorry, I'm going slow because I can not to dedicate many hours to program the mod. [8)]

<font color="white">The last things I achieved to program is:
- The shields gives extra strength and defense.
- There are possibilities to stun and disarm some enemies, if the hero hits him hard on the head or the back, with hammers. (The enemy will throw his shield.)
- Some enemies, when they are weak, they gets angry and throw his shield, and their attacks are clumsy.
- I have corrected the most of the heroes attacks, so that hitting more times and more quickly.
- I'm still correcting the combinations of attacks of the heros, because some foes animations are in conflict with them. (The hero becomes very slow, because There are a few different speed factors for the same animation.)
- I can not to program that left-handed weapons are activated when the hero attack. I can not find where it is</font id="white"> <font color="yellow">GetActiveWeapon() </font id="yellow"><font color="white">to modify it.
- I finished correcting all the combos of the foes and their magical attacks. (The Great-Demon and the Dark-Lord are very hard!)
- I corrected the programming of the element electricity/energy, and I added weapons with this type of damage, and more special effects.
- I'm investigating how to add magical attacks to the heroes. I ensured that the sacred sword Blade throw rays of light, each time the hero attacks with it.

Well, and some more things that I am working in them...
</font id="white">
The last three original maps are very complicated to change...
I'm testing them and make sure that they have no mistakes, and that are hard but not impossible for an expert player. [B)] There are too many enemies at once, too much, sometimes the game gets slow.[:p]

I admire all the mappers for their talent and perseverance. [;)][8D]
Greetings to all forum! [:D]