New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Seems to be a long time to wait.[:D]
About the Ray attack, look at this video by SR:http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.a ... hichpage=4
very cool![:0]
If you want to to add magical attacks to the heroes,your can refer to Dal's Revenge By Prpsperp,very wonderful![8D]
I thought you had to transplant some magic function from enemytype to Basic_Funcs.py,which define almost all the special ability of heros.[:D][:)][:)]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Thanks for the help Mingyue, you are right, I am on it. [;)]

The magneto golem is impressive. [:o]
Great work, Sir Random, I love the specials effects. [:D]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Hi MBK,[:)]
Are you still working on your new expert level difficulty mod ?
I had an opinion that if you can import some new elements that will be more amazing![:D]
--------------------------------------------------------
Here are two videos from dogchicken:
Cursed Dwarf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZ94LIqJS4)[:0]
Ork Shaman[2] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytqUwbuV_Q)[:0]
---------------------------------------------------------
I felt they were awesome! [:0]
But very pity that Dogchicken was silent and no message for two years.[:(][:(]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello Mingyue, [:)]
Oh yes, I saw those videos one year ago and I was impressed. [:o] Of course, the author is a professional. [:)]
I also tried to ask him, how I could create new characters as well, as he has done. But no luck. I have not found the full mod, with these new characters, only changes in the combos of the heroes.
So, after watching those cool videos, I thought about adding new characters, and I searched for information to learn more.
Finally, I'm still learning...

<font color="white">Now I'm modifying the textures of the maps and weapons... to look better. [:)]</font id="white">

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Hi,MBK,[:)]
Can you transplant CHK's blue energyball magic and dalmace's magic attack to the hero?
I want to learn it ,but find too hard to achieve.
I tried for a long time, but only anim succeed,no magic effect.[:(]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello Mingyue [:)]
I'm sorry, I'm also trying to learn how to achieve do it. For now, I have achieved not much, only what I posted here.
I´m sure that Propero or Sir Random can help you, more better than me, because I am still a beginner in this world of programation. [:)]

Anyway, I will post my accomplishments so that you may know. I wish you luck. [;)]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

<font color="white">Hello everyone, and happy new year. [:)]

I am sorry, I apologize for the inconvenience, but my computer crashed and I lost some data. [:(] [xx(]
The good news is that now I have a new computer, and that I can continue with the mod: "Difficulty for experts players and much more..." [8D]

I hope you are well friends, Greetings and see you soon. [;)]</font id="white">

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Congratulations MBK_MBK! Wish you complete your mod "Difficulty for experts players" in the coming soon so that we can enjoy it !

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello again Mingyue! And many thanks for the encouragement. [:)]
<hr noshade size="1"> <font color="white">Please, can someone help me? I have a problem with the inventory.
I managed to increase the number of potions that the hero can carry. For example, take 15 small potions instead of just 4. But, I think the game is not saved correctly, because <b>when loading a saved game</b>, the maximum objects to be 4 again and can not get more objects, although for example you have 7 potions of a maximun of 15 potions. [B)]

I am looking in the files: <font color="yellow"> Lib/<b>Gamestate.py</b> </font id="yellow"> and <font color="yellow"> Lib/<b>Gamestateaux.py</b></font id="yellow"> , but I can not find where it fails. [:(]

Anyone have any idea how to fix it? Thank you very much. [8D]</font id="white">

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

The inv.maxobjects var isn't saved with a savegame, it's applied in the PlayerPerson class in Basic_Funcs.py. If you edit that value after saving a game, when you load the game it should adopt the <i>new</i> value for inv.maxobjects.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello and thanks Sir Random, [:)]
You are right. That's the value that I modified: <font color="yellow"><b> inv.maxObjects = 10000 # (original value = 20)</b></font id="yellow">
Anyway, when I <u>restart</u> a map already loaded, the values are correct and the problem corrects itself. [:)]
but If I save the game and then load it, the problem is still there. There may be something more, that i don´t know.
<hr noshade size="1"><font color="white"> I have a question: Somebody knows where is the function <font color="yellow"><b>GetActiveWeapon()</b></font id="yellow">? I can not find it in the libs, to modify it. Many thanks. [:)]
</font id="white">

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Hello MBK ![:)]
If you want to modify the potion successfully ,you should see the lib->reference.py and alter the relevent value that you can take more powerpotion and full-life potion .
But just as your said,when loading a save slot the Upper limit will restore to the original value.So if you want to enable it all over the game you can add inv.maxObjects = 10000 to Maps->..>DefFuncs.py .But it is a tricky work to do it in all the maps that I had not find a better method.[;)]
You can find GetActiveWeapon() fuction in Lib\Actions.py,Lib\CombosFX.py,Lib\PowDefWidgets.py and Lib\Damage.py.
Wish you success in advance![:D]

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MBK_MBK</i>

<font color="white"> I have a question: Somebody knows where is the function <font color="yellow"><b>GetActiveWeapon()</b></font id="yellow">? I can not find it in the libs, to modify it. Many thanks. [:)]
</font id="white">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
GetActiveWeapon() is a method (class function) of the 'inv' class, but this class is defined in Blade.exe, so it can not be edited [:(]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Oh, thanks again Sir Random. I knew it! the function Getactiveweapon() was not accessible anywhere, could only be compiled into the file .exe [:(]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mingyue1371</i>

Hello MBK ![:)]
If you want to modify the potion successfully ,you should see the lib->reference.py and alter the relevent value that you can take more powerpotion and full-life potion .
But just as your said,when loading a save slot the Upper limit will restore to the original value.So if you want to enable it all over the game you can add inv.maxObjects = 10000 to Maps->..>DefFuncs.py .But it is a tricky work to do it in all the maps that I had not find a better method.[;)]
You can find GetActiveWeapon() fuction in Lib\Actions.py,Lib\CombosFX.py,Lib\PowDefWidgets.py and Lib\Damage.py.
Wish you success in advance![:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><hr noshade size="1"><font color="white">
Ah, yes Mingyue! Thank you very much for the help! [:D]
I did everything except add in each map the value <font color="yellow"><b>inv.maxObjects = 10000</b></font id="yellow">, in the files <font color="green"><b>DefFuncs.py</b></font id="green">. I will try it now.
It does not scare me that is much work, I have a will of steel and lots of patience. [:o)][:p] Compared with the changes I have made during these two years, that's nothing! [8D][8)]

I see that you are also making progress, congratulations! [8D][;)] </font id="white">