Download the new textures pack of all maps! :)

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Download the new textures pack, from 8 bits to 24 bits

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Hello everyone! :)

I have changed all the textures of all the maps, weapons, objects and characters. Also from 8 bits to 24 bits.
I hope you like it, friends. Of course, these modifications, I will include them in the mod "expert difficulty and much more. Version 1.3"

If you find any errors in the files or textures, if something is missing or do not like something ...
Send me an email and I will try to fix it.

[email protected]

Instructions: simply replace the files in their respective directories.

Here is the link of ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/mbk-mmp

Here is the link of ModDB, to the texture pack of 24 bits:
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/mbk-mmp-24bits

Here is the link of MediaFire, to all textures in bmp format:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f8xt7tvenocp23o

Greetings!
Many thanks to Cuthberth for his excellent work! :wink:
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tomash
Dragon

Postby Tomash » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Add BODLoader-friendly installation tool, the automatic backuping of original files, readme-file and this work will become a nice mod

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm

4shared site is a mess. You really should not have to create an account to download a single file.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 am

Moddb is a good choice .

Tomash
Dragon

Postby Tomash » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:05 am

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:21 pm

I was lost in another dimension for a while but I'm back [8D], great job [^], looks great, later I will try.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I was lost in another dimension for a while but I'm back , great job , looks great, later I will try.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hello Cuthberth![:)]
Hahaha, [:D] welcome back, thank you very much for your words, [;)] and sorry for using your textures but I could not resist because they are great, more than mine. [8)][^]
I've been trying to give effects to the textures, so realistic and detailed as yours. But that's what I could get.[:)]
Mingyue and I have doubts about it, even I elaborated a guide on how to retouch the textures for him. But, Cuthberth, if it is no trouble, could get us out of doubt? How did you do that? What tools and filters you use in Photoshop?

Thank you very much again, I'm glad you like the result of the texture pack, because you have made a part of the work! [;)] Enjoy it! [8D]

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:27 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MBK_MBK</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I was lost in another dimension for a while but I'm back , great job , looks great, later I will try.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hello Cuthberth![:)]
Hahaha, [:D] welcome back, thank you very much for your words, [;)] and sorry for using your textures but I could not resist because they are great, more than mine. [8)][^]
I've been trying to give effects to the textures, so realistic and detailed as yours. But that's what I could get.[:)]
Mingyue and I have doubts about it, even I elaborated a guide on how to retouch the textures for him. But, Cuthberth, if it is no trouble, could get us out of doubt? How did you do that? What tools and filters you use in Photoshop?

Thank you very much again, I'm glad you like the result of the texture pack, because you have made a part of the work! [;)] Enjoy it! [8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I really feel flattered that you use my textures, I made those textures with bump mapping program, I forget the name, I think it was crazybump

http://www.crazybump.com/

and if you want to make your textures try this

http://tutorials.texturama.com/tut_quickbump.html

more info (with programs)

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Bump_map

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cuthberth</i>
I really feel flattered that you use my textures, I made those textures with bump mapping program, I forget the name, I think it was crazybump.

Thank you very much, I had no idea of bump mapping. The effects on the textures are really cool! [:0]
I did everything manually with Photoshop, one by one, with the Overexpose and Underexpose tools. [:p] Well, I think I could have saved a lot of work... [B)][|)]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 am

<font size="2">Hello Cuthberth![:D] Welcome back £¡[:D]
Thanks very much for the great work for BOD texture you making.That's excellent!</font id="size2">
<font size="2"> Also many thanks to MBK,He spent plenty of time to Process images the other maps of the BOD.And the "New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more " is awesome![:0][:D][8D][8D]

I d/l crazydump from the link you provide,now I use the programm to deal with a pic and obtained the following results,but I do not know what to do next.That's the pic below :</font id="size2">

<font size="2">

In the preview window I can see good 3d-effect result,but how can I get the same pic just like in the preview window (I cannot find any options about export the 3d pic.)?</font id="size2">

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mingyue1371</i>

<font size="2">Hello Cuthberth![:D] Welcome back £¡[:D]
Thanks very much for the great work for BOD texture you making.That's excellent!</font id="size2">
<font size="2"> Also many thanks to MBK,He spent plenty of time to Process images the other maps of the BOD.And the "New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more " is awesome![:0][:D][8D][8D]

I d/l crazydump from the link you provide,now I use the programm to deal with a pic and obtained the following results,but I do not know what to do next.That's the pic below :</font id="size2">

<font size="2">

In the preview window I can see good 3d-effect result,but how can I get the same pic just like in the preview window (I cannot find any options about export the 3d pic.)?</font id="size2">

1 the easy way is make a Impres pant petSis go to photoshop and cut the image, then re-scale
2 or save the images and if you have some knowledge of 3ds max or blender (I recommend it, is open source, beware of SOPA), and put the textures in a plane and make a render of the resolution you want

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the quickly replies Cuthberth![:)].

3dmax is still a mystery for me , so the first method is the only choice . But just as you say , it is not as good as the first way .[:o)]

DANGR
Hatchling

Postby DANGR » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

So after deciding it was time to play this old gem again, I found this forum and was thrilled at the idea of higher res textures for the game. However, despite my best efforts I cannot get them to work. I have copied the files across into their respective folders, but the game looks no different. What am I doing wrong?

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi DANGR,are you replaced the *.mmp files in Maps folder to the new one you download?
If so,it should be new higher res textures for the game.
I had done successfully with sfb,MBK and Cuthberth 's new textuer.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DANGR</i>

Hi Everyone,

So after deciding it was time to play this old gem again, I found this forum and was thrilled at the idea of higher res textures for the game. However, despite my best efforts I cannot get them to work. I have copied the files across into their respective folders, but the game looks no different. What am I doing wrong?
<font color="white">Greetings DANGR, [:)]
I just download the file. rar, I've tried and it works. As other users who have tried the pack of textures, the structure of files and directories are correct. I'm sorry, I'm not sure where´s might be the problem. [8)]
<font color="limegreen"><b>You must replace the *.mmp files, in each directory.</b></font id="limegreen"> You may not have successfully replaced the files.

<font color="yellow"><b>For example: Make sure your operating system has not changed the names of the *.mmp files while copying. It´s something that makes the Windows O.S.: if you choose to copy, instead of replace, adding for example <font color="beige">"- Copy (2)"</font id="beige"> after the name.</b></font id="yellow">
Sorry, I'm not sure, may be something else.

<b><font color="limegreen">I insist, replace the files in their respective directories. It's that simple because the structure of directories and files are ready for it.</font id="limegreen">

I hope you get it to work, and you enjoy it. </b> [:)]</font id="white">

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”