War Axe/Sharp axe

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Twin Axes
Hatchling

War Axe/Sharp axe

Postby Twin Axes » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:25 pm

The +55 pow one. Is it the most useless weapon in the game or is there a way to use it other than throw it at orcs?

Twin Axes
Hatchling

Postby Twin Axes » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:13 am

Ok, I'll answer it myself. Naglfar's special attack with it is actually relatively good. It's easy to execute and actually hits sometimes.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:23 am

Yes you are quite right. A few of the Dwarf axes have less than perfect strike edges in the models. The War Axe is the worst. I even made an improved version which you can find in the Dwarf Wars mod. You can tell it from the original as the textures don't quite fit.[:I]

** In case you hadn't realised, the War Axe and Sharp Axe have their names switched on the combo screens. Also the Sharp Axe and Killer Axe.[8)]

gorilla325
Whelp

Postby gorilla325 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 pm

my gosh, there're many weird weapons for naglfar that just can't register with enemies... don't understand why... and playing with him really need patient... way too short... :p

nightdragon
Hatchling

Postby nightdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Corrected version of jpeg file (by prospero btw): http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.a ... IC_ID=2476 .
(For some reason I can't find that topic via forum searching. But suddenly Google helped me... when I searched for "hacha de batalla blade of darkness"))

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 pm

I have tried improving te War Axe using the basic model extracted by Harrison.
I think it is better, but hard to tell. [:D] Blunt weapons are more effective for Nalfgar as the collisions are non-directional.

Adding collision edges is quite tricky as sometimes the model will crash the 3Dmax when you try to export. No idea why.[B)]

There is a long-handled axe I made in ProsperoArena3 which gives a bit extra reach.[8)]

gadunz
Dragon

Postby gadunz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:09 am

Use knight's swords.

caravel
Whelp

Postby caravel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm

I remember this problem... the War Axe is completely useless - as I recall it's better to stick with the Biting Axe and Spiked Club until you get hold of the Sharp Axe.

The next "booby prize" is the Combat Axe - it suffers from a short haft...

Both of these can be hurled at an enemy (or over the battlements)... luckily the killer axe has a decent combo.

You can use the knights swords but that's not as fun as a dwarf with axes and hammers.

The Queen's sword is another matter of course.

gadunz
Dragon

Postby gadunz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 am

Install Multi Combos mod from Gladiator. If Prospero deoesn't supply it ,I'll look for it later.
Dwarf then uses swords with special attacks.
http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... Combos.zip

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”