Corrupted save game.

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

dixy1988
Hatchling

Corrupted save game.

Post by dixy1988 »

Hello,
Started to play as Naglfar and when I reached the Gorge of Orlok, after the first save and first NPCs killed, game crashed. Each time I want to load that save, I get dont-send error. Tried with re-installation/repair, but it seems its not working.
Is there a way to fix this or do I need to start over again?
Thanks in advance.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Are you playing in D3D or OGL and what os?

There are certain bad spots that are liable to crashes. My theory is they are linked to fires or paricle systems. The camp fires seem prone to causing crashes in OGL. Some other lights too. Sometimes if you do a combo with particle effects/aura near a light it can cause a crash.

I always try to save games while no lights are in view.

dixy1988
Hatchling

Post by dixy1988 »

Im playing with D3D, OS is WinXP sp3. And yes, those 2 first guys from that small place when you start the level, it was fire near them... tho still, I save the game when the level started, dont know why that save got corrupted..

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Could be lots of things....

Try the level again and save in a different place. I like to save in a 'quiet' place. Not in the middle of a fight and where there are no lights in view. Standing facing a wall is maybe the best.[;)]

I played for years with XP and an ATI Radeon card. One day I decided it would be a good idea to update the video card drivers. After that it would crash on the opening cutscene in Tabriz. (The knight with the torch would reach a certain point and -> CTD [B)].Same thing every time. Reinstalled the original drivers and it worked again.

BOD seems to be very twitchy with card drivers. The motto is - if it ain't broke don't mend it.

dixy1988
Hatchling

Post by dixy1988 »

Problem is, that was the only save. I dont know how to load the map from the beginning again... It seems that I will have to start over.