secret in mage tower

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
CrimsonDrake
Hatchling

secret in mage tower

Post by CrimsonDrake »

hi everyone,i was wondering if anyone knows anything about a secret in Jade's tower in surdana, i read in a guide that it is possible to jump first onto the tallest stack of books (not all the way up but a bit above the bookcases) and then from there,if you aim the angle just right,you are able to jump onto an invisible platform,and from there,onto the balcony above,and its true,there are invisible platforms above there.. the only problem is that i never managed to backflip onto that bookstack,always keep falling off, if anyone perchance knows of this,and knows an easier way up there, or at least knows from which angle you have to jump onto the bookstack,please let me know
thank you

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Ill try it the next time I get chance to play the game.
Welcome to the forums BTW.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I and a few others have been trying for ages to duplicate what has been previously accomplished. Really tough, tho...
A very dedicated player named Headhuntress made it up there a little over a year ago after someone posted directions, but neither she nor any of us trying along with her have had any success. She doesn't remember exactly how she completed it, but said that the treasure on the balconies is unremarkable. Wow, how I've tried, tho...
To echo A.T., welcome!

CrimsonDrake
Hatchling

Post by CrimsonDrake »

oh sorry *giggles* guess i was so eager to have this question answered that i forgot to make my intro, thank you very much for your welcome, and i really hope that we can somehow succeed in getting up there sometime.. i am really itching to know just what is up there

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

When I first heard of it ... I thought to myself, "I'd bet that the Mithril Scimitar is up there..." because it only shows up once in the game and that's late in Stratos... and at 12AP it isn't the first thing you're gonna want to pick up when you get it, so... I was kinda hoping it was up there. Probably wishful thinking tho.
Good luck to us all!!

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

I was trying to get up there one day and I couldn't do it so I decided to try and glitch through the wall. And i did, behind the books in the left hand corner next to the counter (the books stacked against the wall) eventually I ended up outside and found I was able to jump up on top of the tower by the window. I had a look around and I didn't find anything there. The actual balcony is not big enough for Rynn to walk on let alone put chests there.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Welcome and WOW, Faerith. I've tried glitching thru the walls with Arokh to look around up there, but never made it happen. Would you please post briefly how you accomplished the glitching thru the wall? Just Rynn, right? I'll go try it now in the way you've already described.

Headhuntress
Hatchling

Post by Headhuntress »

I believe Faerith has his balconies and windows mixed up.

The window visible from the inside is "magical" - it doesn't exist outside, so you can't look through it to the inside. Also, you can clearly see from below (using the bookstack for reference) that the lowest balcony is plenty wide enough for a chest and for Rynn.

There's not just one balcony, there are at least three. The higher balconies do appear to be narrower. And I think there's a small window on the outside, very high up. So I think Faerith did just what he said, he got up to the "top of the tower by the window" on the OUTSIDE. I wouldn't expect to find anything up there on the highest balcony.

I have been on the lowest balcony. I got up there following directions posted on another board by the discoverer in Sept. or Oct. 2002. It was quite difficult, the second jump took me a couple of hours to get the exact angle. Unfortunately, I have been unable to repeat this.

As to what's up there, there's a chest and some barrels/crates with a Rusty Sword (or some such) and some potions. With respect to the interior window, the chest is in the left corner and other stuff is in the right corner.

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

You may be right. but is that treasure even worth all the time you spend getting up there?

As for glitching with Rynn it helps to have a turbo controller. get rynn into a space where she can't move anywhere(becomes invisable) and do a sideways flips untill she sinks into the floor and eventually she shill glitch through. if she starts to roll just press the inventory button.

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

i tried jumping on a short stack of books by three book cases in the nearest left corner. the only invisible platforms i got to were in between the book cases. i wasnt very succsessfull in doing so otherwise to reach the balconies.[:(]

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hiya...
I'll try this when I get out of Shadowmire...
I've allready finished the game, but appearantly I've missed out loads of things, hehe.[:D]

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hm...
Can anyone help me please?
I've managed to jump up the 3rd bookshelf(The one closest to the tall stack of books).
What now?...
I have a saved file there, yet I really wouldn't know where to jump next...

How I managed to get there:
Try jumping against the stack of books, you will be able to stand on some places(These are invisible). Just jump up, then press forward(DO NOT KEEP PRESSING THE ANALOG STICK FORWARD, YOU WILL FALL DOWN AGAIN!) and see where you can stand... Took me about 15 minutes.

Now where do I go next, for I really can't find any other invisible platform!...

Navaros' Twin.

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Bookshelf=bookcase

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Nevermind, I don't believe in this legend anymore...
Try shooting arrows above you, you will see that the invisible platform is everywhere.
If you were there anyway, Headhuntress, you'd probably have glitched through it. But then again, why would there be a treasure in a glitch?...

Think about this, my friends.

Navaros' Twin [^]

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

Hmmm, I'll have to try to shoot arrows up in the tower. Thanks... its a start.[:)]