ice golems trouble

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
bodfan
Dragon

ice golems trouble

Post by bodfan »

First I assume that Rynn can't use the invisible gauntlets.
My Rynn entered the ice cave and killed maybe 14 of them golems and she got near the big body with the amethyst and I saw 5-7 more golems ( Boy! the guide says there are 9 in total ). Anyway, I ran quickly to the rock with the amethyst and got the eye. Then all the golems just died. Unfortunately, Rynn's plate armour is ruined as well as her flamestrike. I have now only 800 gold left. :(

Is there a better way?

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

I am thinking of saving a couple of invisible potions next time. Did any one try that? The fact is I don't care about the XP.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

***SPOILERS***

I've done those Ice Caves very many ways, but the best is stealthing behind cover (trees) and sniping with bow or magic. Timeslow works for melee, and if you have a Clone spell, you've got it made.

One of the best tips is: SAVE after every Golem kill, and reload if your armor takes too many hits.

One of the most creative ways I ever did it was to lead them into each other's fire and instigate them to get the freeze rays poppin'! They freeze each other as quickly as Rynn.
It's very effective.

You can do the same thing up in Stratos with the Flesh Mage's Golems, but it's a little different. I run around them in tight weaving circles and get them to brush up against one another and strike each other while they're swinging on me. They take lots of damage from each other, and they fall in a heap, leaving one to kill who's already heavily damaged.

Good times...

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

I used a previous saved games to enter ice caves again. I used the same tactics taking out 10or so first golems then drank an invulnerability potion and made a run to the amethyst. It worked again. I don't see how I can kill those last several golems. Anyway, next time I will try a couple of spells or an invisible potion when making the last run.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I've honestly killed every one with no armor and just Rynn's dagger.
It's a bear at first, but really... it's just a challenge to get them. One of the better ones in the game. No matter how you go about it, you can do it.
You'd probably thank yourself later for the exp you'd gain.

You're through it now, though!

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

You are the expert!