Town square switches

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
Gothicnight
Hatchling

Town square switches

Post by Gothicnight »

Now its summer again and as always ill spend a whole lot of time enjoying drakan again ^^ this time (since im a drakan geek) ill try to do every possible thing in the game also getting through it all without using any cheats which i havent before. allthough in the walkthrough at the questions and answers i found a question about switches in the spider cellar "I found this switch in the spider cellar what did it do? It unlocks what becomes a series of switches throughout the Town Square and Palace for a large amount of gold later on in the game." i found this very interesting, now since the guide contain so much text and im a slow reader and have no idea in which part the information is (if it is)and giving the forum is too empty these days id fill it up with this question: what about these switches do i need to open them in a specific order where are they located and where is the loot with what contents etc ?:)have a nice summer everyone!^^

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hi Gothicnight.
The first is in the spider cellar, the second is the little door in Brekk's armory.
That's all for a good portion of the game...

***********SPOILERS***********

After completing Shiverbane and defeating Maulgak and opening the Eye Gate next to his arena, you have the option of flying thru the Eye to Surdana. When you go to the castle to get further guidance, you find the aftermath of a failed assassination attempt on the Lady Myschala's life, and are sent on a quick exploratory mission through a secret bookcase/entryway located behind Zola Dane's desk.
After a few turns, you'll find a wall that has slightly different brickwork than the rest, marking it as a breakable wall. Burst thru and pull the final lever, then proceed deeper into the hideaway to find an inactive portal.
Rynn prompts you to return to the general, where a cutscene happens pitting you briefly against Zola Dane, who has magically bound Lady Myschala.
After the battle, Zola flees and the cutscene shortly ends.

Now the payoff.

Go back down the stairs to the room where Gen. Dehrimon is standing and turn right. You'll see a wooden door. Go thru it and open the first door on your right, and you'll find around ten treasure chests, each containing largish amounts of gold.
The haul is around ten thousand gold, which isn't so impressive by this point in the game... but there it is.

Spend with fun and malice in mind!

Gothicnight
Hatchling

Post by Gothicnight »

thanks mate :) i will open the vault today ^^ allthough i have soemthing interesting to share which i dont know if its widely known already but here it is: the first time i played drakan i managed to get a weapon (cant remember the exact stats or where i got it since it was years ago) it was called the chicken had 30 ap (?) it was slow and had about 200 durability and was simply a brown chicken which cackled and clucked when used. i think i bought it from ravenshold or in surdana or something for like nothing. did i accidently make a cheat or is it a specific way to get it again?:) thanks in advance ^^

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Chicken is random.
It can happen at ANY merchant at any time.
Listen for the cluck when you enter their inventory.
It costs 1 gold.