level up for mage ?

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
arokhfan
Whelp

level up for mage ?

Post by arokhfan »

can I level up after getting in the tunnel ?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: level up for mage ?

Post by Arokhs Twin »

what tunnel?
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

arokhfan
Whelp

Post by arokhfan »

The one way trip to the stratosphere. "tunnel" is named by Brokeleaf in this guide. It means the space before the stratosphere. It seems that from that point on, you can only le3vel up in melee and bow.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I think so if you have spare points however you can't buy any new spells or upgrade existing ones.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

You won't be able to upgrade your magic while in stratos. You must buy your spells at Jade's to upgrade them and if you're in stratos you can't get back to sardania. If you replay from the last save state before leaving sardania level up your magic first. You can take any weapon you can't use right away and then level up in stratos to use it. You'll only get enough experience to go up 1 level though, so be sure to take something that's only 1 skill level higher.

I just got done with my latest replay last night. I was playing as an archer this time and was able to level up to 8 on the bow while in stratos. Gotta love the Bow of the Order!!

arokhfan
Whelp

Post by arokhfan »

bow of the order and dragon srike bow both requires skill 8. Which one is bettefr ?

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

Didn't get the bow of order till late in the game. used it to get rid of red crystals on towers that I forgot about. it made a 6 second flight before hitting the targets, took two shots to destroy. awsome range! used dragon flight in the flesh mage palace to destroy golems. has a blast radius that may bite you if you're not careful. liked Demise for the close up work. 29 hp packs a punch. Storm might be my favorite though. after it hits, lightning leaps out of your target and damages anything else nearby. neat f/x.

the little 9hp short bows ice fist and fire xxxx have the most power for price. usually 4 or 5 shots are enought to finish off most npcs. a comparable 14hp bow may take 8 or 9 hits for the same total damage. pick em up, they're cheap and effective.

arokhfan
Whelp

Post by arokhfan »

So you didn't get the dragon strike ? I got it somewhere now I don't remember where but pretty early.

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

Oops, I wrote dragon flight and meant to write dragon strike. Both bows deliver a large hit , but you really can't use them up close or you may take damage. I'm doing a cheat run now to see which one is the best dragon sniper. I used the level up cheat to get skill 8 in bows at Sardania after the Andrellian Islands. Now in the process of speeding through the game and collecting bows. Hope to have an answer for that question soon. Because the bows are level 5 - 7, I'm just using a sword as a can opener on barrels. Gonna try to get through Stratos without swinging a sword.