New Drakan music

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.

New Drakan music

Post by Guest »

Orchestral + drums score inspired by the Drakan games:

https://soundcloud.com/sserpenthraxus/dragonflight

Sserpenthraxus on drums, Arokh on fire. Enjoy!
Imagine passing ominous evil creatures in the fantastic world of Drakan, only to finally come upon the red fire-breathing dragon of the order – Arokh himself. Hero of the dark wars, he took to the skies like a rising storm to drive back the forces of the dark union…leaving them extra crispy.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: New Drakan music

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Good effort, like it!
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Sserpenthraxus
Hatchling

Post by Sserpenthraxus »

Thanks very much!

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

For me you have talent. Beginning reminds me of fight between Human and Dragon and that Human who later ride that dragon. Next from 2:30 flight of Arokh in Wartok Canyons and ending fight against other Evil Dragons. Very climatic

It'll be nice that you will create new tracks based on Drakan story

Sserpenthraxus
Hatchling

Post by Sserpenthraxus »

Thanks -- I'm glad you liked it! I intend to make more Drakan-related music in the future, among other things. You can find the latest here: https://soundcloud.com/sserpenthraxus

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Generally you tracks are going to right direction. I really like music producers like: Two Steps from Hell, Hans Zimmer, Antti Martikainen or Adrian von Ziegler. They do epic songs. And your songs remind me them.

Through the Fury (NS10 remaster)
Nice orchestra samples, what synthesizer do you usually use of these kind of tracks? I used Nexus vst with orchestra expansion.Drums, like Hans Zimmer, this music can match to popular movies. And above all melodies, I know it isn't easy to make unique melody, I prefer to make average melody than epic duplication of famous artists. Title as says a lot of this music so also well chosen.

Boreas Prelude
It reminds me Interstellar by Christopher Nolan, well matched thumbnail/album picture. You can see that you know different genres of music that your tracks have appropriate standard.

Boreas
Reminds me very much Two Steps From Hell, I really like silence and ambient sounds before epic parts of songs. This is how TSFH usually does. In matter of mastering, you did well. Every single sound are heard.

Boreas Reprise
Here we have calmer version, i think still epic. I always use Ozone vst to make good stereo imaging so pads sound good.

Boreas Drone
It reminds me of StarCraft game, climatic and atmosphere. the best listening effect is while listen open some pictures of the space/StarCraft.

Man with a Screaming Brain (drum test mix)

Very interesting song, I assume you did drums :) Track in general sound good. But here guitar sounds quiet, nice to make this one louder and add some effects such as distortion.

A Taste of Fugue
I rarely listen to organ, when I go to church there is an opportunity. Unfortunately there is not vocal as we have in my church ;) But still sounds good.

Yes I also make some music in the my past :)I usually do trance/hands'up/breakbeat and hardstyle. My tracks in soundcloud are focused on trance. But on the Polish community there were producer forums but they are closed :( But we don't want to offtopic right now :) https://soundcloud.com/jackvornst

Sserpenthraxus
Hatchling

Post by Sserpenthraxus »

Wow, thanks – I wasn’t expecting anyone to go through all my older tracks. Glad I’m reminding you of those great composers. I use Cubase and a whole collection of patches I’ve accumulated over the years, especially those from EastWest and Native Instruments. I generally prefer the deeper control allowed by Kontakt as the synth engine over EastWest’s play engine, but I usually use both when layering instrument sounds. The tracks are also augmented with a few real instruments, especially drums. I’ll also use things like Izotope Alloy 2, but I’ll also check out Ozone as you mention.

Baroque, classical, and metal, among are things, are influences, and I agree that to get that “epic” movie sound, sometimes melody has to take a back seat to the rhythm of the “riff”, at least part of the time. I liked your tracks on soundcloud, especially “Atlanta” as it reminded me of demoscene music, which I also love. Pretty uplifting.

Anyway -- getting back to Drakan -- I’d be happy to contribute a few new tracks to your new Drakan remake, if you wind up needing anything beyond the original music.

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

It shouldn't be important which DAW you use. Incredible songs can be make using FL Studio, Ableton Live or Logic Pro to macOS platform. Samples, vsts, presets, good melodies, effects(eq,compressor,reverb, delay),good ideas and of course mastering really matters :) For artits with lack of money finding appropriate samples or synthesizers can be problematic. I had these problems so my track was little bit low level. You can compare it to making games, when you use Unity/Unreal Engine, make new game seems to be easy, but if you wanted to make your engine on your own it takes a lot of time.

I hope that in the future you'll release some albums :)

It'll be nice when you will make some songs based on Drakan, for example new version of Wartok Canyons or Ruined Village songs :)