Interview with the dragon Smaug

Discuss anything related to computer games and fantasy in general. Other fantasy games, games with dragons in, fantasy artwork etc are welcome here too. Posts are auto pruned after 3 months if not viewed. Please post Drakan related topics to the relevant forums below.
shoprat
Dragon

Interview with the dragon Smaug

Post by shoprat »

The Colbert Report had a surprise interview with a dragon last night. The dragon broke thru the walls of his set and extended his head and foot into the interview area. The F/X was impressive!! At one point Smaug was very aggressive and towered over Colbert. It reminded me of the scene where Rynn meets Arokh in his lair. That's one handsome dragon there.

At the end of the show, Colbert read a list of the people who were needed to bring the dragon to life. There must have been over 25 names on the list. It must be one hell of a puppet. Catch the interview if you can find it online. It's naughty and nice.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Interview with the dragon Smaug

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Found the link http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/509747/smaug but UK viewers are not allowed to watch it. Tried a few other sites including the suggested comedycentral.co.uk but that also came up with the below message:-

'Sorry but that video is unavailable from your location

It's one of the detriments of living under a monarchy; unless you can give up your silly accents and move to America watch clips from the colbert report at comedy central.co.uk'

However - despite searching it's not there. Guess the Colbert report is banned in the UK (or something equally stupid) or they just want it for US visitors only.

Edit: it's on youtube - for UK visitors use this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLd6NIgwtU
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

I forgot that he did a skit that night about Prince Andrew and the Duchess that was anything but flattering. I can understand why that night's episode might not be readily available in the UK. Glad you found a way to view it anyway.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It was a good interview the fx was good - especially the muscle and mouth movements - very lifelike.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair